field mapping palm treo 650

Posted by: shmerls

field mapping palm treo 650 - 02/19/08 08:42 AM

is there a way to map fields accurately between my Palm Treo 650 and NUTD desk top? I'm not at my computer right now, but think Email 2 on desktop goes to Custom field 2 and URL goes to 3. A couple othees don't map anywhere.

Also, if I create a note on my Palm, syncs perfectly on the desktop app, but not the opposite. I get all that "don't change" code. but if I do delete the code and leave the desired text only, it syncs back just fine on my desktop.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: field mapping palm treo 650 - 02/19/08 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: "shmerls"

is there a way to map fields accurately between my Palm Treo 650 and NUTD desk top? I'm not at my computer right now, but think Email 2 on desktop goes to Custom field 2 and URL goes to 3. A couple others don't map anywhere.

Also, if I create a note on my Palm, syncs perfectly on the desktop app, but not the opposite. I get all that "don't change" code. but if I do delete the code and leave the desired text only, it syncs back just fine on my desktop.

The answer on mapping is not nearly as straight forward as your question. There are four pages in the user guide(Take Control of Now Up-to-Date & Contact) devoted to answering it. Pages 213 - 216, under 'Understand Palm Data Mapping'.

You can download a free, PDF version of the manual for Now Up-To-Date and Contact from:

http://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/nowsoft/NowUpToDate/NUDC5/TCoNUDC101.zip

The note issue is a bit simpler. The following is from FAQ #001608

http://www.nowsoftware.com/customercenter/supportNow/ViewFAQ.aspx?id=1608

Question:
I cannot HotSync the notes from my Now Contact file into the notes field of the contacts on my Palm OS device. How do I get notes from Now Contact onto my Palm OS device?

Answer:
There is a limit of one note per contact that can be HotSynced from Now Contact to a Palm OS device and must be titled Pilot Note in order for it to HotSync to the Palm.

[Please note: The Comments Field in Now Contact is strictly private and cannot be HotSynced.]
Posted by: shmerls

Re: field mapping palm treo 650 - 02/19/08 09:12 PM

Thanks Don, I appreciate the PDF as I didn't know it was available.

Regards,
Steven
Posted by: TheMadCow

Re: field mapping palm treo 650 - 02/27/08 12:17 AM

You might also find this Applescript handy. It may need to be updated for Leopard, but essentially it takes your notes and renames it "Pilot Note". Works fairly well, try it on a copy of your database prior to use.