I am using a Mac OS 10.4.11. Now contact ver 5.3.1.
I am trying to synch to a palm treo and are unable to synch now contact. However everything else seems to be updating properly.
Can someone assist with instructions on what I can do to correct. thanks
This usually means there is either a problem in the contact file, or in the Now Contact program prefs. Check your contact list for empty contacts, and remove any you find. Then try setting the Now Contact Palm conduit to 'overwrite handheld' and try a sync.
If you still get the error, try refreshing the Now Contact program prefs, as follows, and then set the Now Contact Palm conduit to 'overwrite handheld' and try a sync. Here is the refresh procedure:
1. Make sure you know where your primary contact file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Contact (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowcontact.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowcontact.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Contact Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Open your Now Contact file and make it your primary contact file (Launch Now Contact, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Contact file, highlight it and click Open).
8. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.