error = #-19986

Posted by: elden

error = #-19986 - 02/12/08 12:50 PM

I am using a Mac OS 10.4.11. Now contact ver 5.3.1.

I am trying to synch to a palm treo and are unable to synch now contact. However everything else seems to be updating properly.

Can someone assist with instructions on what I can do to correct. thanks
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: error = #-19986 - 02/15/08 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: "elden"

I am using a Mac OS 10.4.11. Now contact ver 5.3.1.

I am trying to synch to a palm treo and are unable to synch now contact. However everything else seems to be updating properly.

Can someone assist with instructions on what I can do to correct. thanks

This usually means there is either a problem in the contact file, or in the Now Contact program prefs. Check your contact list for empty contacts, and remove any you find. Then try setting the Now Contact Palm conduit to 'overwrite handheld' and try a sync.

If you still get the error, try refreshing the Now Contact program prefs, as follows, and then set the Now Contact Palm conduit to 'overwrite handheld' and try a sync. Here is the refresh procedure:

1. Make sure you know where your primary contact file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Contact (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowcontact.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowcontact.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Contact Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Open your Now Contact file and make it your primary contact file (Launch Now Contact, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Contact file, highlight it and click Open).
8. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.
Posted by: ae6dx

Re: error = #-19986 - 06/28/08 09:12 AM

I am having the same issue NUDC 5.3.2 OS X 10.5.3. Tried your suggestion of the prefs trashing but no luck.
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: error = #-19986 - 06/28/08 07:08 PM

Look in you Contact file for a 'bad' contact or two. It will probably be missing its category or all of its data. It will be a blank record. When I had this happen, it was a bad contact that came down from the Palm and 'damaged' the Contact file. Delete the record(s) and change the conduit behavior to a one-time 'override handheld' to reset the Palm file.

Hope this helps.