Unknown printer error -9705

Posted by: rogbar

Unknown printer error -9705 - 02/11/08 10:56 AM

Just started getting this ... what does it mean and how do I get rid of it?

I'm using 5.3.1.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Unknown printer error -9705 - 02/15/08 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By: "rogbar"

Just started getting this ... what does it mean and how do I get rid of it?

I'm using 5.3.1.

Is it happening when printing from Now Up-to-Date or Now Contact? And, which operating system version are you using?
Posted by: rogbar

Re: Unknown printer error -9705 - 02/15/08 01:51 PM

Yes, I was getting it only from printing Now Up to Date in Leopard. It turns out to have been a font problem. I'd installed Microsoft Office for Mac 2008, but that resulted in so many font conflicts with other programs (Safari among them) that I uninstalled Office and am now happily using iWork. But after uninstalling Office, I was left with the Office-installed fonts still functioning, and the Apple-installed fonts that Office replaced, still in the Fonts Disabled folder. So I removed the Office fonts, and moved the Apple fonts back into the Fonts folder where the belonged, and now all's right with the world.
Posted by: Albrecht

Re: Unknown printer error -9705 - 04/01/08 07:53 AM

I have the same probleme since I installed Leopard. But I do not have office 2008 installed and strange enought the printing does not work only when I want to print the "day view" and th "multi-day view". All other views can be printed.
Who can help me?
Albrecht
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Unknown printer error -9705 - 04/01/08 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: "Albrecht"

I have the same probleme since I installed Leopard. But I do not have office 2008 installed and strange enought the printing does not work only when I want to print the "day view" and th "multi-day view". All other views can be printed.
Who can help me?
Albrecht

I would suggest refreshing the Now Up-to-Date program prefs and optimizing the local file, as follows:

1. Make sure you know where your primary calendar file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Up-to-Date (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Up-to-Date Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Launch Now Up-to-Date, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Up-to-Date calendar file, highlight it and click Open.
8. Open the File menu, select Save As...Save the file as the same name and location as the original. Click Yes to replace the original. This step should be taken periodically to optimize the file.
9. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.

The 'poweronsoftware' file may not exist on your system. It is from an earlier version of Now Up-to-Date.
Posted by: Albrecht

Re: Unknown printer error -9705 - 04/03/08 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: "dnorcross"

Originally Posted By: "Albrecht"

Who can help me?
Albrecht

I would suggest refreshing the Now Up-to-Date program prefs and optimizing the local file, as follows:

1. Make sure you know where your primary calendar file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Up-to-Date (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Up-to-Date Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Launch Now Up-to-Date, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Up-to-Date calendar file, highlight it and click Open.
8. Open the File menu, select Save As...Save the file as the same name and location as the original. Click Yes to replace the original. This step should be taken periodically to optimize the file.
9. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.

The 'poweronsoftware' file may not exist on your system. It is from an earlier version of Now Up-to-Date.

I did everything you told me to do, but the problem remains the same. I still cannot print the ”day view” and still get the error –9705 code.
That the preferences were deleted I can see because I had to type in my prefs which were no longer there.
I am using OS X 10.5.2 the German version.