Cannot sync with Airport Express

Posted by: chukker65

Cannot sync with Airport Express - 01/28/08 06:24 AM

I use my iMac (Tiger) as both the NUDC client and server for a virtual company of 8 people. I have used the Now server Manager in this way for 4-5 years. Recently, I had to buy a new Airport Express and now no one can sync until i disable the Airport and connect directly via my DSL modem. I have talked with Apple, my modem people and Now sales guy (technical support will not return calls) and no one thinks it's their problem to help me. I am sure it has something to do with my ports/firewall but I haven't figured out the right settings. I do have a fixed/static IP address.

If anyone has successfully configured a similar system I would LOVE to hear from you and how things are configured.

Nancy
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Cannot sync with Airport Express - 01/29/08 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: "chukker65"

I use my iMac (Tiger) as both the NUDC client and server for a virtual company of 8 people. I have used the Now server Manager in this way for 4-5 years. Recently, I had to buy a new Airport Express and now no one can sync until i disable the Airport and connect directly via my DSL modem. I have talked with Apple, my modem people and Now sales guy (technical support will not return calls) and no one thinks it's their problem to help me. I am sure it has something to do with my ports/firewall but I haven't figured out the right settings. I do have a fixed/static IP address.

If anyone has successfully configured a similar system I would LOVE to hear from you and how things are configured.

Nancy

Nancy,

It sounds like NUDC worked fine with your old Airport, still does when your Mac is hooked correctly to the DSL, but does not when you use the new Airport. That being the case, it would seem that the configuration of the new Airport is a good suspect. Have you verified the settings of the new Airport are similar old one?

- Mark
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Cannot sync with Airport Express - 01/29/08 12:44 PM

Hi Nancy:

To allow syncing to work on, say, port 3169 you would need to enable port mapping on your Airport. For example:
[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Airport-Port-Mapping.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
In that example, the port at 3169 on your Airport is mapped to port 3169 on the computer at 10.0.1.22 on your local network. That way any communication with your static IP address at port 3169 is automatically routed to your computer rather than being blocked/dropped by your Airport.

--John