linking event and contact files

Posted by: kliesh

linking event and contact files - 01/26/08 03:30 PM

I have two mini macs running OS 10.4.11 and NUD 5.3.1, with the public event and contact server on one machine and event and contact files on both machines sharing all in formation. This has worked with the event and contact files linked for several years and through several version of NOW. Two weeks ago there was apparently some event that caused the machine that does not host the public event/contact manager/server to lose contact with the server. I successfully reestablished new files and can access all information. The contact file and event file will not link. The preferences frame on each indicates a link but when an event is pulled up it says linked to unknown contact file. I tried creating new files for NUD and contact and linking before populating from public server to no avail. (this was suggested by NOW tech support). I have followed up with ticket, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. The link is working perfectly on the public server host machine. It seems like a trifle but is very important to the staff that work with this program. Thanks you.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: linking event and contact files - 01/29/08 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: "kliesh"

I have two mini macs running OS 10.4.11 and NUD 5.3.1, with the public event and contact server on one machine and event and contact files on both machines sharing all in formation. This has worked with the event and contact files linked for several years and through several version of NOW. Two weeks ago there was apparently some event that caused the machine that does not host the public event/contact manager/server to lose contact with the server. I successfully reestablished new files and can access all information. The contact file and event file will not link. The preferences frame on each indicates a link but when an event is pulled up it says linked to unknown contact file. I tried creating new files for NUD and contact and linking before populating from public server to no avail. (this was suggested by NOW tech support). I have followed up with ticket, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. The link is working perfectly on the public server host machine. It seems like a trifle but is very important to the staff that work with this program. Thanks you.

It sounds like the issue is broken links in the existing files(and their events), rather than an inability of the files to be linked. Creating new primary files, and linking them before creating server connections and pulling data from the servers should have done the trick. If you create new events can they be linked?