can't download 5.3.2beta3

Posted by: swenk22

can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 01/25/08 10:10 PM

I have leopard and new NUDC and I am having some issues with 5.3.1 especially links from calendar items (calls, appt's) to contacts having errors...
Not sure if the beta will help this but I can't download it... I try this link
ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/support/nudcm532b3.dmg
but everytime I get error "failed to open page".. I've tried safari and firefox
thanks
Bob
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 01/29/08 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By: "swenk22"

I have leopard and new NUDC and I am having some issues with 5.3.1 especially links from calendar items (calls, appt's) to contacts having errors...
Not sure if the beta will help this but I can't download it... I try this link
ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/support/nudcm532b3.dmg
but everytime I get error "failed to open page".. I've tried safari and firefox
thanks
Bob

In Firefox, under Firefox > Preferences > Main > Download make sure the download window is set to display and you either have a download location set or have Firefox set to ask you for it. IT should look something like this:

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Picture 1.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/06/08 11:02 PM

I have firefox set as you say and I still get error... in this case firefox says Alert- 425 can't open data connection. Could this have to do with firewalls? I don't have trouble with any other ftp activity.
thanks
Bob
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/07/08 12:47 PM

The link works fine for me, so I would indeed guess a firewall or proxy problem on your end somewhere.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/07/08 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: "swenk22"

I have firefox set as you say and I still get error... in this case firefox says Alert- 425 can't open data connection. Could this have to do with firewalls? I don't have trouble with any other ftp activity.
thanks
Bob

Try pasting the following link into your browser, and see if it will even let you get to the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/support/

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/08/08 07:17 AM

No I can't get into that site
ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/support/
I've tried on two different computers and I tried w/software firewall off so it must be hardware firewall.. .would that be the wireless router or the dsl modem? Or maybe there is another port or such I need to go thru??

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/12/08 01:42 PM

It's not the new wireless router that prevents the download.... I went back and hooked up my old router with no encryption and still no go. So in the end I can't ftp this one site whereas all the other nowsoftware downloads (from the download page) work fine...
I'm told the beta won't help my problem with broken contact links anyway so I'll just wait (wait wait) for nighthawk and forget the beta.

Re: can't download 5.3.2beta3 - 02/27/08 01:40 PM

Well the culprit was the dsl modem.. I had to take firewall from medium to off. Relying on NAT and software firewall.