availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final

Posted by: mhoutman

availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/24/08 01:12 AM

hi, we are going to upgrade to leopard machines and do need an reliable calendar/contact manager app like nud/c.

as a final nighthawk release date seems perhaps miles away, we do need to know when nud/c 5.3.2 final will be hitting the shelf ? otherwise we have to postpone investments or look for alternative..

tia. michiel
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/25/08 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: "mhoutman"

hi, we are going to upgrade to leopard machines and do need an reliable calendar/contact manager app like nud/c.

as a final nighthawk release date seems perhaps miles away, we do need to know when nud/c 5.3.2 final will be hitting the shelf ? otherwise we have to postpone investments or look for alternative..

tia. michiel

We are about to promote 5.3.2b3 to 5.3.2 golden. One issue affecting a small number of users is that running Leopard Server on an Xserve can be problematic.

I would recommend trying NUDC (there is a 30 day free trial - be sure to use the 5.3.2b3) on a machine after you upgrade the OS and evaluate if it suits your needs.

- Mark
Posted by: montylee

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/28/08 10:47 PM

Will the final 5.3.2 fix the 24-hour bug (not displaying)?
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/28/08 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: "montylee"

Will the final 5.3.2 fix the 24-hour bug (not displaying)?

No. It turns out this is caused by changes to Leopard's date processing code. This will require many changes to NUD. Our goal is to get 5.3.2 out the door ASAP.
Posted by: paulstreicher

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/29/08 05:04 PM

Will the 5.3.2 release fix the issue where the QC menu primarily, but not uniformly, takes 10-15 seconds between typing info to results? Spinning wheel plus beach ball too. Upgrading to Leopard dependent upon this fix.

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 01/29/08 10:01 PM

We don't have access to a computer that shows the QC spinning cursor problem. It works find on all of our machines. (If anyone has a computer that shows this problem and wouldn't mind us VNCing into it, send a pm to me or Mark Gilicinski. If we can see this problem we can probably fix it in short order.)

After we release NUDC 5.3.2 we will begin work on NUDC 5.3.3.
Posted by: Henry

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/08/08 02:24 PM

Soooo,

What's the word are going to see a final on 5.3.2?

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/11/08 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By: "Henry"

Soooo,

What's the word are going to see a final on 5.3.2?

John articulated this well in another thread -

"It's currently stuck in late beta. We have two bugs that we'd like to fix, but which we've not been able to duplicate. The first is the QuickContact menus sometimes pausing for 15 seconds before dropping. The second is an error -192 that sometimes happens when people upgrade. We'd especially like to track down that second one since it could cause a lot of people trouble. Brian has been investigating these, but his results have been frustratingly inconclusive."

If you are experiencing either of these, please contact me at the email below. Thanks!

- Mark

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/19/08 09:19 AM

well i have here some boxes with new leopard machines.

can't wait for 5.3.2. to be released, so that we can start testing.

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/19/08 11:15 AM

While we continue with the edge cases already described, you can use 5.3.2 today - hundreds of users are.

- Mark

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/19/08 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: "Mark Gilicinski"

While we continue with the edge cases already described, you can use 5.3.2 today - hundreds of users are.

What would be really helpful is for someone to get ahold of us who is seeing the -192 error and the 15 second delay on the QuickContact menu. We have test versions, but we are currently lacking folks experiencing the problems. Contact [url=mailto:mgilicinski@nowsoftware.com]mailto:mgilicinski@nowsoftware.com[/url]. It is a fairly easy process. Just run the software and follow some instructions we send you that will help us flex our fixes.

Thanks!
John

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/20/08 05:12 AM

sorry folks; no beta's on our systems Sad

perhaps you can post the new installer which should address the -192 error ?

tia
Posted by: Bill Davides

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/20/08 07:46 PM

Hi John and Mark,

I haven't posted for awhile as the beta 5.3.2 has been running fine. I had a kernel panic today and now I notice that Event Server is down and will not start.

I'll try restarting. Otherwise I'm clueless what happened.

I have a new job, so I can't really lurk on your forums during work hours....
Posted by: Bill Davides

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 02/20/08 09:08 PM

So I just reinstalled Server 5.2b3 and now the Event Server initially runs for about a minute, then status changes to "Down"

I also have the 15 second delay on the drop down of the QuickContact menu.

This is on an original 20" CoreDuo iMac (not Core2 Duo) with 2gb of RAM + Leopard. System Profile attached.
Posted by: davebarnes_dup1

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 03/07/08 12:33 PM

The latest beta release fixed the QuickContact problem for me.
It has been 2 days without any delays.
Posted by: ajr135

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 03/12/08 10:39 AM

MArk

Can you please forward me a link to the latest version so that I can upgrade my server and client computers

Thank you
AJR
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: availability NUD/C 5.3.2 final - 03/17/08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: "ajr135"

MArk

Can you please forward me a link to the latest version so that I can upgrade my server and client computers

Thank you
AJR

The latest full release version, or the latest beta version? Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 beta 4 is available from:<P>

ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/support/nudcm532b4.dmg