Can I Import Apple Address Book Notes into Now Contact?

Posted by: mikeap

Can I Import Apple Address Book Notes into Now Contact? - 01/10/08 05:15 PM

I am using the 5.3.2 beta of Now Contact in Leopard. I like the program but want to import from my Apple Address Book because I don't like that program. However I have many bits of info stored below the line in Apple's Notes section. Can that data be imported into Now?
M
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Can I Import Apple Address Book Notes into Now Contact? - 01/11/08 05:29 AM

There is an app that Now put out, a synchronizing utility called Address Book Sync. It allows both two-way and one-way import/export. However, it does not work in Leopard, so if you have Tiger or earlier it will work find.

There is also an Import function under File, which appears (I have not used it) to look for a file. I do not know the details of how that works, but AB can export a variety of files and NC should be able to import one of those.

I do not know what the specific specs on either of these methods, as I have used NUDC for many years and never used AB or iCal.

Hope this helps.
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Can I Import Apple Address Book Notes into Now Contact? - 01/11/08 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: "mikeap"

I am using the 5.3.2 beta of Now Contact in Leopard. I like the program but want to import from my Apple Address Book because I don't like that program. However I have many bits of info stored below the line in Apple's Notes section. Can that data be imported into Now?
M

Here is a way to do what you need:

• Go into AddressBook [/*:m]
  • Under Preferences, go to the vCard section[/*:m]
  • Select "Export notes in vCards" so it is turned on[/*:m]
  • Close Preferences[/*:m]
  • Select all the cards you want to bring into Now Contact and use "File->Export vCard..."[/*:m]
  • In Now Contact use "File->Import" and bring the file you just created[/*:m]
  • Notes from AB will appear as a "Note" with each contact[/*:m]

- Mark