NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette

Posted by: PeterJ5

NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 12/29/07 10:26 PM

I need some help for a work around. I am running NUTD/C 5.3.1 on Leopard. When I open the graphics palette, I get an open window, but no graphics. Is this broken on Leopard, or am I not pointing to the correct file for the graphics?
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 12/30/07 09:45 AM

It was not broken with Leopard and the graphic file you are pointing at is not the issue. The problem was NUDC 5. Here is a link to the support page which explains what must be done to get the graphics back:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/customercenter/supportNow/ViewFAQ.aspx?id=1601

Hope this helps.
Posted by: Macal

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 04/08/08 09:04 AM

But if I don't have version 4 and don't want to download and install it, surely there must be a simple way to get the default graphics file onto my machine for 5.3.2 to use?
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 04/08/08 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: "Macal"

But if I don't have version 4 and don't want to download and install it, surely there must be a simple way to get the default graphics file onto my machine for 5.3.2 to use?

Part of the issue is that there is no 'default graphics file' for version 5, just an empty graphics palette. And the Graphics Palette(populated or empty) is, as I understand it, incorporated into the program prefs. Another issue is that the graphics can behave oddly on a Mac with an Intel processor. It helps to do the following in that case:

1. Quit Now Up-to-Date and open your Applications folder.

2. Do a 'Get Info'(Cmd+I) on the Now Up-to-Date application file.

3. In the info window, check the box beside 'Open Using Rosetta' and close the window.

4. Open Now Up-to-Date, and test the result.
Posted by: Macal

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 04/08/08 10:03 AM

Doesn't make any difference. The Graphics Palette is still empty.

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 04/08/08 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: "Macal"

Doesn't make any difference. The Graphics Palette is still empty.

Which brings us back to the FAQ that Michael posted. It is the way to get the version 4 graphics palette to appear in version 5. What I added will give Now Up-to-Date a better chance to make use of the graphics under an Intel processor.
Posted by: mrt

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 07/17/08 08:11 AM

Hi Don -

My last graphics palette is from the last NUTD Classic version. I skipped OSX v4 and just updated to v5. I'm late to the OSX party. I can run Classic on a PowerMac G5 with Tiger.

How do I move that palette over?

Thanks.
Michael

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 07/21/08 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: "mrt"

Hi Don -

My last graphics palette is from the last NUTD Classic version. I skipped OSX v4 and just updated to v5. I'm late to the OSX party. I can run Classic on a PowerMac G5 with Tiger.

How do I move that palette over?

Thanks.
Michael

The only option for bringing an older palette to Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5, other than copy & paste is the FAQ already mentioned:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/customercenter/supportNow/ViewFAQ.aspx?id=1601

Try using version 4.5.1 for it's trial period and the FAQ. Here is a link to version 4.5.1:

ftp://ftp.nowsoftware.com/pub/software/archive/nudcm451.sit
Posted by: mrt

Re: NUTD/C 5.3.1 Graphics Palette - 07/24/08 07:02 PM

Hi Don -

Thanks. That got it, or a least most of it. I can add the graphics from the calendar back into the palette.

...best, Michael