Now Contact 5.3.1 won't sync with Palm Z22

Posted by: cohler

Now Contact 5.3.1 won't sync with Palm Z22 - 12/24/07 02:01 PM

I have been using NUDC 5.3.1 since it came out and I have been successfully synching to my Palm Tungsten C since I got it a couple of years ago.

My battery on the Tungsten died, so I decided to get a newer smaller Palm, and I bought the Z22, which comes with version 4.2.2 of the Palm Desktop software for Mac.

I went to synchronize and lo and behold the Now Contact conduit does not work with this new Palm. The Now Up to Date conduit works fine. But the Now Contact conduit generates an error #16401 Unknown Synchornization Error.

Help!!!!! Palm support is absolutely beyond useless, as I'm sure you've all experienced, so I am hoping there is someone at Now who is interested in helping a longtime faithful NUDC user (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance.

--Jonathan
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Now Contact 5.3.1 won't sync with Palm Z22 - 12/26/07 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: "cohler"

I have been using NUDC 5.3.1 since it came out and I have been successfully synching to my Palm Tungsten C since I got it a couple of years ago.

My battery on the Tungsten died, so I decided to get a newer smaller Palm, and I bought the Z22, which comes with version 4.2.2 of the Palm Desktop software for Mac.

I went to synchronize and lo and behold the Now Contact conduit does not work with this new Palm. The Now Up to Date conduit works fine. But the Now Contact conduit generates an error #16401 Unknown Synchornization Error.

Help!!!!! Palm support is absolutely beyond useless, as I'm sure you've all experienced, so I am hoping there is someone at Now who is interested in helping a longtime faithful NUDC user (10 years or so).

Thanks in advance.

--Jonathan

The first thing to try would be setting the Now Contact conduit to 'overwrite handheld' and try a sync. If you installed the Palm desktop for the Z22, try reinstalling Now Up-to-Date & Contact. That will move any conflicting conduits out of the way. If that does not do it check the following FAQ, as it lists any potentially conflicting conduits and some other Palm sync related fixes:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/customercenter/supportNow/ViewFAQ.aspx?id=1198