Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard

Posted by: PeterJ5

Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 12/23/07 10:04 PM

I am new to the forum. I have been a user of NUTC since Mac OS 6. I have used it on work stations, my laptop, my iPod, and my iPhone. I am also an entrepreneur, I am an engineer by original training, but am also a practicing physician running a busy primary care office, and am also starting a clinical information technology integration company. I plan to use NUTD/C when NightHawk is finally released and have already paid for multiple copies. I feel and understand all the pain that John Wallace is experiencing.
I need some community help. I have for years synched my NUTD/C to Address Book, and then synched it to my iPod. Using Address Book Sync 1.0. This also worked with my new iPhone, back in OS 10.4x. Now I have my contacts from pre Leopard on my iPhone, and need to update. I read the work around in this forum, to delete the entries in Address Book, and then run Address Book Sync, but it didn't work. Any help here or other suggestions?

PeterJ5
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 12/24/07 05:52 AM

It's true. ABS 1.0 no longer works in Leopard, even with NUTC 5.3.2 b3. It 'appears' to work, showing the correct count when I synchronize from NC to AB. However, when I open AB there is nothing there.

However, the new AB can import tab-delimited text files and NC can export tab-delimited text files so you can export from NC and import into AB. You can set up an export profile in NC, but you have to 'recreate' the import profile each time in AB. I suggest always exporting the field headers.

Finally, I got an error message and the export failed if I tried to export every field. I removed the all the custom fields (I don't use them) and it worked fine. You will have to just tinker.
Posted by: mhoutman

Re: Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 02/21/08 03:49 AM

wouldn't it be nice to have a leopard compatible version of Address Book Sync 1.0 (this would save us all a lot of time).
Posted by: Macal

Re: Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 04/08/08 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: "mhoutman"

wouldn't it be nice to have a leopard compatible version of Address Book Sync 1.0 (this would save us all a lot of time).

Got to agree with this. Would life much easier and the product much more user friendly.
Posted by: carroll213

Re: Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 06/07/08 05:48 PM

This work around works: in Leopard 10.5.3, have had no difficulty exporting/importing vcf cards from Now Contact 5.3.2 to Address Book 4.1.1.

Best
Posted by: kfstudio

Re: Address Book Sync 1.0 and NUTC 5.3.1 work around in Leopard - 06/10/08 10:40 AM

Because Apple's 'Address Book' only has one note field, is there any way to COMBINE all your now notes into one, so that you don't loose them? Thanks. Ken