Time display

Posted by: montylee

Time display - 12/19/07 12:38 PM

It has been 3 weeks since the last posting I see on the beta. I was not fortunate enough to be a beta tester, so I'm operating with a very crippled version 5.3.1 under Leopard. I already know that the server does not work, and no one on the network can get updates.

What I would like to know is there anyway to get the time for events to be properly displayed. With previous OS versions, you would go to international and set the Custom for 24-hour clock. I never changed it under Leopard and every other program recognizes 24-hour display, but not NUD any more. Is this another bug with the program and Leopard? Does the beta fix it?

How much longer until a Leopard download?

Monty Lee
Posted by: davebarnes_dup1

Re: Time display - 12/19/07 12:48 PM

montylee,

Thanks.
I was perfectly happy with the latest beta release until you pointed out this 24-hour clock problem.
Now, I am less happy as I am 24 hour freak (Just ask my wife and daughter).
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Time display - 12/19/07 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: "montylee"

It has been 3 weeks since the last posting I see on the beta. I was not fortunate enough to be a beta tester, so I'm operating with a very crippled version 5.3.1 under Leopard. I already know that the server does not work, and no one on the network can get updates.

You can download the beta 5.3.2 b3 from the Support Site. You do not need to be a 'beta tester' for this, though you must understand it is a beta. It does correct the server issues, though I suppose, from the other post, there is a 24-hour clock issue.
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Time display - 12/20/07 06:53 AM

What I would like to know is there anyway to get the time for events to be properly displayed. With previous OS versions, you would go to international and set the Custom for 24-hour clock. I never changed it under Leopard and every other program recognizes 24-hour display, but not NUD any more. Is this another bug with the program and Leopard? Does the beta fix it?

How much longer until a Leopard download?

Monty Lee

Monty,

Please look at the thread labeled "Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available" at:
http://forum.nowsoftware.com/content/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=786

We'll look into the 24-hour issue.

- Mark

Re: Time display - 12/26/07 08:12 PM

Thanks, I got the beta, but it also has the 24-hour display problem regardless of Leopard settings. I'm using beta 3.

Monty Lee

Re: Time display - 01/07/08 09:38 AM

Any update on the 24-hour bug?
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Time display - 01/11/08 10:48 AM

Any update on the 24-hour bug?

Hi Monty,

We've investigated the 24-hour and there is no clean fix for it. Unfortunately to get it resolved will take quite a bit of effort. At the present time I don't have an ETA.

- Mark

Re: Time display - 01/14/08 10:22 AM

Given all the previous problems with 24-hour time and the current one, I'd recommend you follow the example of other programs and let it be a user preference--overriding the system clock format. It makes it far less confusing, easier to fix I would think since all you do is read the system clock and format it, and probably less prone to future problems.

Monty Lee