Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available

Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 08:10 AM

We've posted the latest version of 5.3.2 to the ftp site and updated our Leopard page at:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/support/leopard/

This latest version corrected an issue where Contact and/or Event Servers would fail to start up or would monoplize CPU cycles, leading to degraded performance or crashes. If you are using Now Up-to-Date & Contact on Leopard, please download this latest version.

Thanks!

- Mark
Posted by: ajr135

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 09:19 AM

Hello
Just downloaded new Beta version

QD & QC still do not appear in menu bar

This is what I did:

>Installed beta
>restarted
>nothing in menu bar
>went to preferences in both Now Contact and NUTD and turned off QC & QD show in Menu Bar option
>restarted
>Then went back to preferences in both Now Contact and NUTD and turned on QC & QD show in Menu Bar option
>restarted
>
Nothing Showed up

Running Power PC G5 Quad with Leopard 10.5.1
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 09:31 AM

Mark

Just downloaded the update and installed it. Everything is running well. The server CPU usage and crash appears to be fixed. QD is working fine, but QC is no longer working. Strange, it was working with the b1 installed. Or at least, the key sequence caused the find to pop up with b1. That's really the only way I ever used it. I cannot say if I noticed if the menu bar icon appeared.

2GHz Intel iMac, OS X 10.5.1, NUDC 5.2.3 b3 w/ Server

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: "MagickMike"

Mark

Just downloaded the update and installed it. Everything is running well. The server CPU usage and crash appears to be fixed. QD is working fine, but QC is no longer working. Strange, it was working with the b1 installed. Or at least, the key sequence caused the find to pop up with b1. That's really the only way I ever used it. I cannot say if I noticed if the menu bar icon appeared.

Mike - I will follow-up with you directly to see if we can locate the issue you are seeing.

- Mark

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 10:43 AM

Mike - I will follow-up with you directly to see if we can locate the issue you are seeing.

- Mark[/quote]

It's great that Mike is getting personal service and a possible answer to his issues,

Do you have any insight to the fact that it is not working on my machine (we have held off doing anything else with our other 10 machines until anything is resolved).

Should we all not get the same courtesy of some input as to what may be wrong

Regards
Andrew
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: "ajr135"

It's great that Mike is getting personal service and a possible answer to his issues,

Do you have any insight to the fact that it is not working on my machine (we have held off doing anything else with our other 10 machines until anything is resolved).

Regards
Andrew

I presume you are complaining because I am giving Now Software additional information about a problem I discovered instead of simply complaining that my system doesn't work. And no insight comes in a vacuum, so I also presume you have provided traces and dumps and other information to aid in problem resolution.

And if NUDC is not working at all on your machine and yet the beta versions are generally (though not perfectly nor universally) working on most other machines, I presume you have provided Now with complete information about your system and have reviewed all of the other utility or add-on software you have installed which might be causing interference.

And you have installed 5.2.3 b3 on your machine and it still does not work.

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 12:05 PM

Actually I was not complaining, just noting it would be nice to receive some feedback about what might be the issue and what might be the fix.

And just so I don't waste my time, Now's or mine (as I have a job to do as do they) I gave what information I felt was necessary for some sort of response. If a response was given saying more information was needed I would have gladly give it.

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: "Mark Gilicinski"

Originally Posted By: "MagickMike"

Mark

- Mark

FYI for others, Michael was able to get QuickContact and the Find back by toggling the preference.

- Mark
Posted by: mewen

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 12:24 PM

I have installed the update and so far everything seems to work fine.
My problem was that I seemed to occasionally return to my Leopard installation date, in the Calendar, with all other info being erased. I will report back in a couple of days if it does not happen and immediately if it does happen.
Michael Very Happy (for now)

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: "ajr135"

Regards
Andrew

*Edited my earlier post*

Andrew, I've got a couple of more questions on what you are seeing - will send you directly as well.

Thanks,

- Mark
Posted by: davebarnes_dup1

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/17/07 12:47 PM

1. Both QuickContact and QuickDay are now in the Menu bar. Yesterday, only QC was there.

2. Dropdown menus appear immediately.

3. When I open the Find Contact window and search, the person appears very quickly.

Much improved.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/18/07 06:47 AM

Drop-down menu performance from QC is better for me with b3 but erratic. Sometimes it works quickly, and sometimes I get the several-second stall and spinning cursor as with b1. Lookups through QC are slow for me; on the order of 7-10 seconds between entry and the return of results. I don't know if this relates, but I get the following error messages in the Console log:

12/18/07 7:36:09 AM OmniWeb[788] Error loading /Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo: dlopen(/Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo: mach-o, but wrong architecture

12/18/07 7:36:09 AM OmniWeb[788] Cannot find function pointer GrabNGoFactory for factory 3487BB5A-3E66-11D5-A64E-003065B300BC in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x172a5c00 </Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

I'll try removing the GrabnGo plugin and see if that makes any difference.

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/20/07 08:48 AM

I wrote that it was much improved.
But, now I am getting the SBOD action again.
Not all the time, but some of the time. It just took 12 secs to open the pulldown menu for QuickContact.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/20/07 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: "davebarnes"

I wrote that it was much improved.
But, now I am getting the SBOD action again.
Not all the time, but some of the time. It just took 12 secs to open the pulldown menu for QuickContact.

Are you getting anything similar to what Dave Sawyer reported seeing in his Console Log? Functionally, at least, the issues seem similar.

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/20/07 09:19 AM

Not sure. I am not an expert with the Console.
I did see a number of these:
Quote:

12/20/07 10:12:27 AM Console[902] Error loading /Library/InputManagers/SafariBlock/SafariBlock.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBlock: dlopen(/Library/InputManagers/SafariBlock/SafariBlock.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBlock, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/InputManagers/SafariBlock/SafariBlock.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBlock: mach-o, but wrong architecture

and yet I have not used Safari within the last few days.
I removed the SafariBlock item.
Restart.

QC worked correctly.
Launched CaptainFTP and this is in the Console Log:
Quote:

12/20/07 10:25:19 AM Captain FTP[239] Error loading /Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo: dlopen(/Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin/Contents/MacOS/GrabNGo: mach-o, but wrong architecture
12/20/07 10:25:19 AM Captain FTP[239] Cannot find function pointer GrabNGoFactory for factory 3487BB5A-3E66-11D5-A64E-003065B300BC in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x58f3d0 </Library/Contextual Menu Items/GrabNGo.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)

and now I get the SBOD with QuickContact.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 Beta 3 now available - 12/20/07 01:00 PM

Following up on my previous post, I pulled the GrabNGo plugin but that has had no effect on the slowdown.