Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken?

Posted by: ahancock

Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 11/29/07 09:59 PM

Is it just me, or the sync tool in Now Contact 5.3 broken under Leopard?

I just want to 1-way sync to Addressbook, and no new people show up, despite what the tool says...

Interestingly, updates do seem to make it over.
Posted by: marc01

Re: Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 11/30/07 03:46 PM

not working for me either.. thought it was due to version 5.3.2.. but appaarently not
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 11/30/07 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: "ahancock"

Is it just me, or the sync tool in Now Contact 5.3 broken under Leopard?

I just want to 1-way sync to Addressbook, and no new people show up, despite what the tool says...

Interestingly, updates do seem to make it over.

The Address Book Sync is not currently supported on 10.5. A dialog box comes up stating this. Your post says the tool is saying something else - what is it saying? Can you give more details on what steps you are taking?

Thanks,

- Mark

Re: Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 11/30/07 05:22 PM

Where's that dialog? I've never seen it...

I've got the 5.3.1 PPC version of the sync tool.

It is very hit and miss as to what it will & won't sync. I added a new person, no go, updated someone's address, it took.

I've got it set to go one way to addressbook, but it still said it added some people to Now Contact once...
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 12/03/07 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: "ahancock"

Where's that dialog? I've never seen it...

I've got the 5.3.1 PPC version of the sync tool.

It is very hit and miss as to what it will & won't sync. I added a new person, no go, updated someone's address, it took.

I've got it set to go one way to addressbook, but it still said it added some people to Now Contact once...

Because I really only care about AddressBook for filling in email addresses in Mail, when I use the sync tool I

1. Delete all contacts from AB
2. Sync all contact from NC to AB ONLY (one way)

Viola! All of my contacts are in AB no problem. Again, because I don't use AB for anything other than Mail, I don't use lists or groups or whatever they call it, just a long list of contacts.

Re: Now Contact sync to Addressbook in leopard... broken? - 12/03/07 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: "MagickMike"

Because I really only care about AddressBook for filling in email addresses in Mail, when I use the sync tool I
1. Delete all contacts from AB
2. Sync all contact from NC to AB ONLY (one way)

Thanks, that's how I got started in leopard... but the magic wore off, and hence this post Sad