I am running multiple macs (PPC and Intel) with OSX 10.4.10 and Now Up-To-Date 5.3.1. The Contact server is running on an G5 Xserve (PPC) with OSX Server 10.4.7 and Now Contact 5.2. Users have reported that when they go to open the calendar and add an event or even go to look at another month the application locks up and they have to force quit.
Has anyone else seen an issue like this?
Thanks in advance.
Usually, something like this is a local file or prefs issue. If it seems isolated to particular users, try the following prefs refresh and file optimization:
1. Make sure you know where your primary calendar file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Up-to-Date (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowuptodate.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Up-to-Date Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Launch Now Up-to-Date, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Up-to-Date calendar file, highlight it and click Open.
8. Open the File menu, select Save As...Save the file as the same name and location as the original. Click Yes to replace the original. This step should be taken periodically to optimize the file.
9. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.