Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers...

Posted by: dbutenhof

Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/28/07 03:48 PM

I see there's a long and growing note on Leopard, but let's start something more specific for the servers. Someone commented that the basic apps seemed to work; but that doesn't help much since I depend on a server shared by several systems.

I've got Leopard; NOW 3.5.1 server doesn't seem to work at all. There was a suggestion of this in a previous response -- but has anyone at NOW had a chance to look at this? With no prospect of Nighthawk calendars for a long time yet, we'll be in pretty serious trouble.

When I bring up the NOW Server Manager, it shows both event and contact servers "down" or "stopped" with -3180 status and "Cannot load server" for "address". Then I get a crash dialog for eventserver, with, rather oddly, a SIGTRAP in CFRunLoopRunSpecific (+ 1833).

aluminum iMac 20", 2.4Ghz
Mac OS X 10.5 with login/keychain update.
Posted by: hab

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/28/07 08:33 PM

Similar problem with the event server on a G5 2x2GHz box with 10.5 and login/keychain update. I'm back on an a secondary drive now using 10.4, so I don't recall the detailed error message but I also had a "down" or "stopped" and "Cannot load server" messages.

I've already paid for a couple of copies of Nighthawk, and I'm truly in the cheering section. But given its long delays, I'm not optimistic about its arrival, nor (sigh) likely to believe any "coming soon" promises for a fix for NUTD 5.3.1 .

I really don't want to delay using 10.5 until a fix arrives. A shared calendar is a critical app for us. Anyone here with experience using a shared iCal calendar sync'd via dotmac?
Posted by: rllewis@mac.com

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/28/07 09:37 PM

same problem here. server down, can't connect, my error is +3263. Please fix; can't wait for NightHawk.
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/29/07 12:57 AM

We're looking at this now. Will have more info later this week.
Posted by: Henry

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/31/07 10:01 AM

John-

I am glad you are looking into it.
I didn't look before I leaped into Leopard and my event server is not working.
It is Halloween and it is pretty scary not having my calendar Not Up to Date.

What is the latest? Shocked
Posted by: Claasen

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/31/07 04:46 PM

I too am anxious about a possible fix for the Now Servers in Leopard. My Leopard upgrade when fine with the frustrating exception of my Now Software products, upon which I depend daily. The other machines on my small network have not upgraded yet. I believe I can run the Server from one of them and still access it from my Leopard machine. At least that seems to be the case with the Contact Server, so far.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 10/31/07 11:47 PM

We're testing an update now. The update fixes the servers and the QuickContact and QuickDay menus. I'll be talking with my QA team in the morning and will post more info as it becomes available.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/01/07 06:46 AM

John-

Thanks for the update.
I'm glad to hear an fix is on the way. I look forward to your further posts and the release of the patch.
Posted by: rllewis@mac.com

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/06/07 02:06 PM

John, update please. Servers are still not working. Very hard to conduct business. I recommend you take manpower off the NightHawk project until you can get our servers up and running on Leopard.
Posted by: hab

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/06/07 02:44 PM

I'm also anxious to get Leopard up and running on all our machines. However, if the fix for 5.3.1 server is anything other than simple, I'd personally prefer you guys to not divert resources from Nighthawk. Nighthawk has been too long delayed to be sidetracked for a very temporary problem for 5.3.1.

We've left one of our boxes on 10.4.1 so it can run the servers.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/06/07 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: "rllewis@mac.com"

John, update please. Servers are still not working. Very hard to conduct business. I recommend you take manpower off the NightHawk project until you can get our servers up and running on Leopard.

Yes, that is what we did. Our development for that is now done and we are in testing. The new NUDC 5.3.2 release is for Tiger and Leopard. Customers with 10.3 and earlier should continue using NUDC 5.3.1.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/07/07 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: "hab"

I'm also anxious to get Leopard up and running on all our machines. However, if the fix for 5.3.1 server is anything other than simple, I'd personally prefer you guys to not divert resources from Nighthawk. Nighthawk has been too long delayed to be sidetracked for a very temporary problem for 5.3.1.

Not everyone can afford to do that. And while I appreciate the sentiment regarding Nighthawk, given the current schedule a fully functioning Nighthawk is still months away. Only the contact module (and without a server) is currently in beta. It's coming along nicely, and looks like it's going to turn out well; but it's just not there. After 10.5.1 releases, which is expected to be soon, the "second wave" upgraders will jump to Leopard and this sort of problem is going to heat up.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/13/07 01:29 PM

So.... How's the testing coming?
I hope you will have a release soon. I check to downloads everyday in hopes of seeing a new one appear.
Also I think the natives are starting to get restless.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/13/07 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: "Henry"

So.... How's the testing coming?

Our internal testing is completed and we're about to move it into beta. Kim and Mark are putting together the documentation now. When the Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 beta is ready, we'll make a post about how to download it.
Posted by: dgkanter

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/14/07 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: "John Wallace"

When the Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 beta is ready, we'll make a post about how to download it.

John: Will v5.3.2 correct the previously reported, and acknowledged, bug in v5.3.1 that causes duplicate entries to appointments to appear in a Now Contactís record when that contact has been linked to an appointment in Now Up-to-Date? While Iím still expecting NightHawk to clean up such existing duplicate entries in the contactís record when we upgrade to it, it would a very big relief if we arenít, in the meantime, continuing to generate such duplicate entries with v5.3.2.

David

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/15/07 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: "dgkanter"

Will v5.3.2 correct ... duplicate entries to appointments to appear in a Now Contactís record when that contact has been linked to an appointment in Now Up-to-Date?

NUDC 5.3.2 does not. Our focus on NUDC 5.3.2 were to fix the critical bugs that prevent NUDC from being used with Leopard.
Posted by: kberryhill

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/20/07 08:06 PM

Since I understand that the NUTD & NC clients work fine under Leopard, would I be safe upgrading to Leopard on the computer that only has the clients, leaving the server on Tiger until the Now Server software is updated? I think my software from Now is the last I was waiting for to be cleared as Leopard-compatible.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/21/07 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: "kberryhill"

Since I understand that the NUTD & NC clients work fine under Leopard, would I be safe upgrading to Leopard on the computer that only has the clients

Yes. The QuickContact and QuickDay menus won't work properly until you get the NUDC 5.3.2 update (currently in beta), but the apps will work fine.
Posted by: kberryhill

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/21/07 10:08 AM

Thanks, John. I think a holiday week is probably a good time to dive into a new OS.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by: Bill Davides

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/21/07 03:29 PM

Can't you post something that at least gets the server(s) working under Leopard? I'm all for beta testing, but I have calendars that aren't syncing and need to get the event server going! Wife is about to kill me.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/26/07 04:37 PM

So, as another week ticks by... any word yet on Beta status for 5.3.2? How's it going? Can we get it?

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/26/07 08:57 PM

Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 beta 1 is available for download here. This beta version has not been fully certified, so please download with the same caution you would use for any beta software. Make sure you have a current backup of all your data before installing.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 03:23 AM

Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.2 beta 1 is available for download here. This beta version has not been fully certified, so please download with the same caution you would use for any beta software. Make sure you have a current backup of all your data before installing.

Thanks. I actually found a newsletter with that announcement in my mailbox a bit after I posted that reply. Weird coincidence.

I installed it (on top of my non-working 5.3.1); and while the menu bar icons now show up and work, the servers don't load. (And contactserver & eventserver are eating CPU as they did originally on each restart, despite trying to disable them in the manager.) I plan to try an uninstall and reinstall to see if that makes a difference, today, before writing up a bug report.
Posted by: prepress

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: "hab"

As have we. However, that means exactly what it says, i.e. out of 24 Macs we have just one Mac left running Tiger so that we can run the NUD server, and it is a pretty old Mac (early G4) ... please come up with a solution before it bites the dust!

Can't wait until Nighthawk is released.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 11:52 AM

Thank you for posting your results with the beta. I desparately need to get Servers working under Leopard (well, non-beta Contact Server is running fine under Leopard, but Calendar Server says "down".) I think I will pass on beta 1 and jump in when someone tells me that they have a Calendar Server running under Leopard.

I'm kind of surprised no one has found some console or terminal command that will kick start the damn thing, but that is over my head. I can follow instructions but no idea how to debug why it (Calendar server) stopped running under Leopard.

Bill
Posted by: szabo

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 02:44 PM

I, too, have downloaded the beta but it doesn't work.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 02:55 PM

We can probably help more by saying WHAT works or doesn't, rather than "it doesn't work".

There are clearly two specific parts of 5.3.2 people want desperately:

1) Server operation

2) Quick* menu bar icons

I see several people who have reported menu bar icon troubles; interesting since that's working just fine for me but I really don't much care about that. Or at least, they're nice but I can live without them if I had the servers working -- and they don't.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/27/07 09:31 PM

The QuickMenu (menuextras) worked only sporadically under 10.4.* for me, so I just don't mention them as since they didn't work (i.e. appear reliably in the menu bar) before, I can't really say they broke with Leopard.

The calendar server clearly broke. For whatever reason, my contact server is running under Leopard.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/28/07 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: "Bill Davides"

I'm kind of surprised no one has found some console or terminal command that will kick start the damn thing, but that is over my head. I can follow instructions but no idea how to debug why it (Calendar server) stopped running under Leopard.

Apple changed how the "daemon" command works under Leopard. We had to write code to change how our servers operate.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/28/07 03:43 AM

What will help most is:

1. a description of the problem
2. a console log
3. a System Profile

To create a console.log file, launch the /Applications/Utilities/Console.app and then use the File -> Save a Copy As... menu to save the log file. You can then upload it to the forum as part of your bug report.

To create a System Profile, launch the /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app and then use the File -> Save As... menu to save the profile. You can then upload it to the forum as part of your bug report.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/28/07 01:19 PM

What will help most is:

1. a description of the problem
2. a console log
3. a System Profile

To create a console.log file, launch the /Applications/Utilities/Console.app and then use the File -> Save a Copy As... menu to save the log file. You can then upload it to the forum as part of your bug report.

There are no server or server manager related console messages or system.log entries. Neither crashed, so there's no crash log. Anything else you might be able to make sense of?

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/28/07 01:28 PM

I am new to dtrace, but according to the December 2007 MacTech Magazine (page 40), "dtrace allows any system administrator to track a problem of any piece of software without having debugging code present." You can also attach it to a specific process.

There's also something called Instruments in the Leopard Developer Tools that apparently puts a GUI onto this tool. It's' all new to me.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/28/07 01:31 PM

To create a System Profile, launch the /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app and then use the File -> Save As... menu to save the profile. You can then upload it to the forum as part of your bug report.

By the way, the easiest way to get to System Profiler is to hold the OPTION key while selecting the apple menu, which converts the first "About this Mac" entry to "System Profiler...". Zap, you're there.
Posted by: Hikerdave

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/30/07 07:53 AM

I can't believe all the time being spent on the other thread on the menu bar functionality. The menu bar not working is an inconvenience, the servers being down breaks the whole program. It looks like the beta that is out does nothing for the server problem and might even make it worse. So what is the status of getting the servers working again in 10.5?
Posted by: dnottage

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/30/07 08:52 AM

Greetings. I just noticed as I was preparing my holiday card label list that My server is not syncing. Post 10.5 install. Up to date is working fine but Contacts are not. I get a "-1" error and constantly "reading" from server constantly. Tried updating the Server to the 5.3.2 Beta and no joy there.

I have to say this is getting very annoying.

I found the solution to this issue in the FAQ. Answer ID 1755

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/30/07 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By: "Hikerdave"

So what is the status of getting the servers working again in 10.5?

The best move would be for us to work directly with folks having those problems so we can create debugging builds for you. These builds have additional information that the program spits out which will help us identify the problem. Folks can either PM me or "Mark Gilicinski" so we can start those dialogs going.
Posted by: Frank123

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 11/30/07 11:42 AM

Crying or Very sad
Well, I have the same problem as everybody else here plus one more:
After upgrading the server to 10.5. the calendarsyncing stopped working.

Now I have decided to install a new server on a Tiger (10.4) based computer, to get everything working again. I did it and the clients find and do connect to this new server, only: the old categories are not assinged. Therfore, I want to move the categories from my old server (which lives on the 10.5. server) to the new 10.4. server. But that doesn't work, because the old server "is offline".

I have 10 clients waiting to sync up again, and I don't know how to move the categories. Iam sure it's simple, but I don't know how.

Can anybody help me? I would really appreciate it!

Regards

Frank
Posted by: prepress

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/01/07 02:36 AM

We have used Now Up-To-Date and Contacts for years. We have just completed an upgrade to Leopard except for the one Mac that runs the Now servers.

Yesterday my manager decided to migrate from Now Up-To-Date to iCal and use Leopard's iCal Server (http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/features/ical.html) instead of waiting any more on the Now servers being fixed. I've been asked to have Leopard iCal and iCal server up and running for our smallest team before we break for Christmas, and for our two larger teams by mid-January. This doesn't look all that difficult to achieve.

I'm not happy about this decision but I can sort of understand it. I have been telling her for over 6 months about NightHawk but upgrading to Leopard in the past month has exposed to her the fact that we can't even run the existing Now servers on Leopard, never mind schedule an upgrade to Nighthawk.

I thought you should know what is actually happening in the user community. Customers won't wait for ever. Very sorry about this.
Posted by: mewen

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/01/07 06:20 PM

I certainly understand this level of frustration. I had set up a separate hard drive with Leopard installed to play with before switching over my whole system. The main concern was the server. Then when the fix came down and our systems did seem to sync I made the switch. While my concern is not based on business loses my wife and I use it to keep our very busy schedules in sync.
I installed Leopard on Nov 17. Ever since then I find that occasionally, (not on a repeatable schedule or anything I can figure out) my calendar reverts back to Nov 17, including reverting and eliminating anything and everything that I have added. I have since disabled the server functions.
On a side note the menu bar icon works great for me (although there seems a long {four seconds} delay.
Michael
Posted by: berkeleyp

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/05/07 10:52 AM

When???????

We are missing our servers so badly but don't have the tech savvy or patience to beta test. Any idea when the server will be working? Also, will a new server need to be rebuilt or will the upgrade take up where the tiger version left off - i.e. working properly without setting up new server, new categories, new keywords, etc. like other upgrades? I know it hasn't been long but we NEED this NOW. When can we expect a functioning server?
Posted by: oshloel

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/06/07 03:12 PM

It's not all total darkness for some. I installed the 5.3.2b1 servers on an old laptop running Leopard that I use for a home server and they are running and syncing my and my wife's calendars and contacts just fine.

For sure, I can't say why they are working for me when so many others are having problems. I'll speculate that they are also working for other folks who are not following or speaking up on these forums.

Rick

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/06/07 03:36 PM

Thank you for your message of hope! I decided to throw caution to the wind and installed 5.3.2b1 on my "NUDC server" machine and now both my contact and calendar server are running under Leopard also.

No menu extras in the menu bar for the client apps, but I could not care less about that.

These programmers at Now are over-worked and underpaid. I am sure they did not need to be blind-sided by Apple who released Leopard without even letting developers have a gold master copy until the day it was available in the retail stores. And now because of this they've been sidetracked from NightHawk because of the Leopard fiasco.

Bill
Posted by: Mark Gilicinski

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/06/07 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: "berkeleyp"

When???????

We are missing our servers so badly but don't have the tech savvy or patience to beta test. Any idea when the server will be working? Also, will a new server need to be rebuilt or will the upgrade take up where the tiger version left off - i.e. working properly without setting up new server, new categories, new keywords, etc. like other upgrades? I know it hasn't been long but we NEED this NOW. When can we expect a functioning server?

We are continuing to try and determine what the circumstances are that cause the servers to not function, and to craft fixes for all the cases. Some users are having success while others are not. berkeleyp, can you send me the specifics around what your are seeing?

Thanks,
- Mark
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/07/07 10:24 AM

I hate to ask this question, but I want to make sure that I read this correctly.

NUDC 5.3.2b1 will run on Tiger even though it is supposed to fix the server problem running on Leopard, yes?

My household uses NUDC for the simple shared calendar function. We use NUDC because I loath the way iCal handles To-Do's. I have updated all computers but my own to Leopard. I have kept my on Tiger because of the server issue and I run the server as well as my client on my own machine.

I suppose that, since there is just our (too) complicated household calendars involved, if it doesn't work it will no be the end of the world. However, I am really too busy to be faced with angry family members whose calendars are no longer syncing correctly.

One more question. I see that 5.3.2b1 is the last one out there. Do we know when another beta, or even the public, release might be coming?

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/07/07 10:40 AM

Mike:

I installed Leopard on my machine (the server machine) just by hitting install. This is the machine where NUDC server is running. Did not even attempt an archive/install or any of that BS. I did this intentionally just to try to let stuff that was working (like NUDC Servers) not get f**ked up by an archive/install.

I did the 10.5.1 combo update (download from Apple); NOT the update offered by Software Update. (I had downloaded that to the computer prior to installing Leopard so it would be ready to be run.)

After doing all that, the NUDC Server Manager reported Contact Server running, Calendar Server down and it could not get the calendar server to start.

I then installed NUDC 5.3.2b1 (selecting the Custom option) so that the server and client apps would all get installed.

Rebooted and now I have Contact Server running and Calendar Server running. I am one happy camper. And my wife is no longer mad at me that our calendars are not synchronizing.

Bill

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/07/07 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: "MagickMike"

I hate to ask this question, but I want to make sure that I read this correctly.

NUDC 5.3.2b1 will run on Tiger even though it is supposed to fix the server problem running on Leopard, yes?

Yes, it will run on Tiger. If you are working fine, however, I'd hold off until we can move 5.3.2 out of beta. We put that version out to help folks who wanted/needed to be on Leopard right now.

One more question. I see that 5.3.2b1 is the last one out there. Do we know when another beta, or even the public, release might be coming?

Another beta version is coming soon that addresses the menu issues some folks are seeing. We are also working on an event server problem that some users are experiencing.

- Mark

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/07/07 01:59 PM

Thanks for the info, Mike. I suppose that I will hold my nose and take the plunge. Maybe next week, as I have a Philosophy final on 12/10 and don't really wish to intentionally shot myself.

And thanks for the info, Mark. My main reason for asking was trying to decide the order of updates: Leopard then NUDC or NUDC then Leopard. The menu question is hardly my biggest issue, as I can wait until after I've got the rest of Leopard's updates.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/15/07 06:20 AM

OK, I have run my updates and this is what was and is:

1. Upgraded to NUDC 5.3.2 under OS X 10.4 (Tiger). Ran just fine.
2. Upgraded to OS X 10.5 (Leopard). NUDC and its servers ran just fine.
3. Upgraded to OS X 10.5.1. NUDC and its servers are running just fine with one exception.

I now notice, because of one of my widget iStat that the system is running at 100%. When I look at it in both iStat and Activity Monitor, I see that eventserver and contactserver are basically sucking up the whole system. However, I also notice that they surrender immediately if something else want CPU slices, so it is not noticeable, but it is there. I even took the client calendars offline, but the servers were still running amok.

When I then tried to switch to the Server Manager, it died. Attached is the stuff sent to Apple. However, when I look again at Activity Monitor (and the Server Manager is not running) eventserver and contactserver are still sucking up the system. Weird, no?
Posted by: jlobrien

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/16/07 06:33 AM

I installed the public beta version on my home system, and initially everything seemed to work. However, there are two problems I've come across:
1) I've been unable to modify some random events due to a message that someone else is modifying the category. The message indicates that I should try in a few seconds. No one else is modifying it, and if I just leave it be, several minutes later I'm getting the same message.
Restarting the computer has fixed the problem. (Quitting and restarting the application has not.)
2) When adding or modifying events, the server sometimes randomly deletes individual events or categories. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with this. (I have been making an extra copy of my calendar file at least once/day, so that it's not a catastrophic loss to me.)

Mac OS 10.5.1
Dual Core Mac Pro

Apologies in advance if this post belongs elsewhere.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/16/07 08:50 AM

I see that eventserver and contactserver are basically sucking up the whole system. However, I also notice that they surrender immediately if something else want CPU slices, so it is not noticeable, but it is there. I even took the client calendars offline, but the servers were still running amok

Some other folks noticed this problem. We've got a new beta that fixes this problem. QA is putting it through some final testing and then we'll release it.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/16/07 10:06 AM

Some other folks noticed this problem. We've got a new beta that fixes this problem. QA is putting it through some final testing and then we'll release it.

Thanks, John, for the information. I'll watch for the new beta and let you know.

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 12/17/07 08:08 AM

We've posted NUDC 5.3.2 beta 3 to the ftp site and updated our Leopard page at:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/support/leopard/

This latest version corrected an issue where Contact and/or Event Servers would fail to start up or would monoplize CPU cycles, leading to degraded performance or crashes. We urge anyone using Leopard to download this latest version.

Thanks!

- Mark

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 01/10/08 09:16 AM

Mark-

Is there an ETA on a final version of 5.3.2?

I am holding off installing Leopard and an upgrade in my main CAD program on the machines in rest of my office until this is resolved.
I don't have time to tweak everyones computers for know problems and I can not afford to screw up the calendars for the whole office and have people miss deadlines or appointments because the calendar server isn't working correctly.

I am still hanging in there and being patient.
However, it has been over 2 months now!

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 01/10/08 09:31 AM

Good question. But, for what it may be worth; as one of the people who had no luck at all with the earlier beta, I can say I've been running my servers and clients with absolutely no trouble ever since.

I'm sure they're trying to test everything they can to be sure they don't have more trouble after release. At this point, I'm in no hurry!

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 01/11/08 11:30 AM

Mark-

I am holding off installing Leopard and an upgrade in my main CAD program on the machines in rest of my office until this is resolved.
I don't have time to tweak everyones computers for know problems and I can not afford to screw up the calendars for the whole office and have people miss deadlines or appointments because the calendar server isn't working correctly.

I am still hanging in there and being patient.
However, it has been over 2 months now!

Hi Henry,

We're generally happy with how 5.3.2 is working out. There are still a couple of issues that are outstanding - namely around leopard server running on an intel box, but the release works for a majority of folks. I would recommend trying it on a couple of systems and seeing for yourself how its working.

- Mark

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 03/20/08 03:53 PM

Mark-

I am now down to it.
I have to upgrade the rest of the office up to 10.5 and
I have an Intel imac that is supposed to be the server machine.
I loaded the latest 5.3.2 4 beta and I get the -3263 error still.
I have been putting off upgrading the last machine in the office since November 2007 it is now March 2008.

What is going on?
Posted by: macarchs

Re: Mac OS X 10.5, NOW servers... - 04/24/08 02:33 PM

I must admit reading through the communication I have to wholeheartedly agree with the other users. What on earth is going on at Now Software?? I now have the same -3263 response to my contact server since upgrading to 10.5 and it is now almost the end of April!!!! It's almost been 6 months since this problem was noted on 10.5 and a solution is still not provided by Now. If I left any of my clients hanging that long I'd have not a single client left.

No nighthawk after over a year of waiting, and no real response to a firm delivery.

Now - listen up! You are loosing clients daily. If you eventually release NightHawk and a fix to the Server issues in 10.5 I think your clients will have such a bad taste in their mouths that they won't be interested, or they've been forced to try other options vs. waiting for you, and now find that those options are better than attempting to remain loyal to Now.

Sorry but I am moving on after 10 years of actively supporting your company.