Upgraded XServe to 10.4.10- Now my Event Server has CRASHED!

Posted by: Betadub

Upgraded XServe to 10.4.10- Now my Event Server has CRASHED! - 10/16/07 11:18 AM

What happened???

I did the OS 10.4.10 upgrade on my Xserve (which is acting as my Contacts and Event server) and once I restarted, the Contact Server came back online immediately but the Event server had crashed. I tried reloading it and even importing a backup data set, but no go. Every time, after importing, the status changes to "Down" and there's no visible cure. I've even tried opening up my firewall and changing ports... nothing.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Upgraded XServe to 10.4.10- Now my Event Server has CRASHED! - 10/17/07 09:55 AM

From the tech support ticket you opened:

Is there any error code showing up in Now Server Manager?

Quit Now Server Manager and go into your Applications > Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor. Set it for 'All Processes' and sort by name. Is there more than one instance of 'eventserver'? If so, force quit all instances of 'eventserver' and restart the computer. Then open Now Server Manager and check the status of the servers. Also, make sure Now Server Manager is not launching in your Login Items or Startup Items. Either is unnecessary and will cause erratic behavior in the servers.