Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent

Posted by: customer

Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent - 10/15/07 11:09 PM

A rather serious problem. Been trying to rebuild a Public Event Database using a supposedly clean Event file.

Exported Event file as text, but Now-up-to-Date fails to import the text file giving me the following error:

Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent

Is there anyway we can fix the corrupted data (I assume is the cause of the problem)?

Would Archiving help? What does Archiving exactly do anyway, would the data be lost forever?
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent - 10/16/07 03:24 PM

Since we are talking Now Up-to-Date data, it is probably not corrupted, just having a problem recognizing something on the import. If you open the data file in a text editor, look for an event that ends at or crosses over midnight(00:00). If you change the end time to 23:59 it should then be able to import.

Now Up-to-Date has a problem importing when it thinks an event crosses over to another day. This can, occasionally, appear this way even when the data came from Now Up-to-Date on an export.
Posted by: customer

Re: Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent - 10/17/07 03:33 PM

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

Finding the exact event that causes the problem may be a little challenging as we have over 20 megs of data and I can imagine quite many multi-day events.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Import Error on line #^1: Event data inconsistent - 10/18/07 03:20 PM

20mb of text is certainly a formidable pile of data. There are some things that can help pinpoint the time/date of the problem:

Since the calendar starts from the beginning of the file, and that is usually the oldest data, look at the early dates(in Now Up-to-Date) where information should be showing up. Unless the problem was with the first entry, Now Up-to-Date would have imported up to the point of the error. That will narrow it down to a specific day, and you can see what the last event pulled into Now Up-to-Date for that day was.

Since multi-day events are banners, and it can handle those, you are usually looking for an event with an end time of 00:00. Searching for that should limit the chase, as well.