What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact

Posted by: jonbodin

What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/12/07 11:47 AM

I have 5.3.1 running on a Powerbook 10.3.9. I have tried in vain to sync my Verizon Treo 650 with NUTD & Contact. I purchased Missing Sync but that did not work either. I've worked with their customer support for the last couple of days but syncing crashes at Contact & UTD (the customer support was great but referred me back to here). I've posted this here previously and tried installing & reinstalling and purchased Missing Sync as a recommendation.

Is there a different Smartphone that would sync with 5.3.1 (newer Treo, Blackberry or something else)? I do have a $300 credit at Verizon for a new phone but am I going to have the same problem?

Thank you!!
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/12/07 12:46 PM

With the current version of Now Up-to-Date & Contact, the Palm OS phones work most consistently, and in conjunction with Palm Hotsync Manager rather than current versions of Missing Sync. Many of the BlackBerry models work, using PocketMac for BlackBerry(free), but I would check the PocketMac web page and the BlackBerry forums about specific models.

There is an issue specific to the Verizon Treo models you should check. Since you have the Verizon model of the Treo 650, chances are their "Wireless Sync" app has disabled HotSync for Calendar and Address book. To turn it back on:<P>

(all of this is done on the Treo)<BR>
1) Go to Applications<BR>
2) Go to "Wireless Sync"<BR>
3) Push the Menu Button<BR>
4) Choose "Setup menu"<BR>
5) Choose "Connection Settings"<BR>
6) Click "Advanced"<BR>
7) Check the "Enable other sync apps" box<BR>
Cool Click "OK"<BR>
9) Hotsync!<BR>

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/12/07 05:44 PM

Should I uninstall Missing Sync and reinstall Palm (I do not see the Palm Hot Sync function since installing Missing Sync?

Thank you!
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/15/07 01:44 PM

The wireless sync settings are usually the bigger issue. Which version of Missing Sync do you have in place? Version 4 should work, version 5 will work in many cases, version 6 we do not have much feedback on.

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/15/07 04:05 PM

I have Missing Sync 5.1.2.
Posted by: docsloat

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/16/07 06:25 PM

I have been using NUDC with my Treo 650 and now my Treo 700p with no problems other than the usual minor ones.

You should be able to do it. I am using Palm 4.2.2 and Missing Sync 6.0.1. I also used the MIssing Sync version prior to this one.

You need to install Palm Desktop first, and then install MIssing Sync. MIssing Sync modifies the Palm software and replaces the Palm HotSync with the Missing Sync version of HotSync.

When you say you are using 5.3.1-- are you referring to Palm or MIssing Sync? If you are referring to Palm, I suspect you are using the wrong software.

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/16/07 07:19 PM

I've got it fixed now. I did a 'disk repair' on the permissions and then reinstalled the Palm & Missing Sync which did the trick. Looks like it was a faulty permission that wasn't allowing all of the programs to install.

Thank you for everyone's feedback and aid!!

Jon
Posted by: customer

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/18/07 12:39 AM

Blackberry sync doesn't work well via the Missing Link. It seems to dictate NUTD Events and Contact having the same categories.

For my use, the categories are different and it becomes a mess.
Posted by: docsloat

Re: What smartphone will sync with NUTD & Contact - 10/18/07 05:27 AM

Glad to hear it worked!! Way to go Jon!!