Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync

Posted by: JBrowning

Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync - 10/02/07 09:06 PM

I can not get the Palm Treo 680 to sync with NUTD using Microsoft Vista. Any Idea's?

Jim
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync - 10/04/07 01:50 PM

1. Does it act like it is trying to sync?

2. Was Palm desktop or Now Up-to-Date & Contact installed last? If Palm, try reinstalling Now Up-to-Date & Contact. It takes care of the conflicting conduits.

3. Which telco is the carrier for the Treo? Verizon defaults to 'other sync apps' being disabled.
Posted by: willknight

Re: Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync - 06/09/08 07:29 AM

has anyone found a solution for this issue?

i have a palm treo 680 and am on a mac (leopard). the palm looks as though it sync with now contact, but it actually isn't. there were no error message produced either.

it seems as though it "touched" the contact file and didn't see any change, then just skipped syncing.

thx
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync - 06/10/08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: "willknight"

has anyone found a solution for this issue?

i have a palm treo 680 and am on a mac (leopard). the palm looks as though it sync with now contact, but it actually isn't. there were no error message produced either.

it seems as though it "touched" the contact file and didn't see any change, then just skipped syncing.

thx

Which telco is the carrier for the Treo? Verizon defaults to 'other sync apps' being disabled.
Posted by: willknight

Re: Palm Treo 680 and Win Vista Sync - 06/10/08 11:51 AM

telco: at&t (formerly account with cingular).

i tried exporting the data and using both (apple) address book and palm address book -- neither would sync.

treo 650 (which i also have, and have lost) syncs fine. i noticed the 680 not syncing after i installed a firmware that was available for download at palm.