Now Contact 5.3.1 & VCard

Posted by: Nicolasbulb

Now Contact 5.3.1 & VCard - 09/14/07 03:10 PM

Hello,

I'm a swiss french Now Contact user since version 1.0 and I'm having problems with vcard and accentuated characters.
When I'm dealing with vcard from Addressbook or http://www.directories.ch (the swiss yellow pages). Now Contact provides me strange characters. When I'm importing theses vcard in Addressbook, everything's fine.

for example the name of the company is:
Hürzeler & Schafroth Elektrotechnik AG Swisscom Partner
Servicestelle für AEG-, Therma- und, Electrolux-Haushaltgeräte

in Now Contact I have this:
H¸rzeler & Schafroth Elektrotechnik AG Swisscom Partner
Servicestelle f¸r AEG-, Therma- und, Electrolux-Haushaltger‰te

everything's fine in Apple AddressBook.

the "ü" has been replaced by "," and the "ä" by "‰". Very annoying.

Please somebody help. Is this a know bugs? Thanks for your advices and experiences.

Sincerly,

NR
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Now Contact 5.3.1 & VCard - 09/14/07 04:04 PM

Would it be possible for us to get a copy of your vCards? I'd like to see what's going on. You can email them to me at [url=mailto:askjohn@nowsoftware.com]mailto:askjohn@nowsoftware.com[/url].

Thanks,
John
Posted by: Nicolasbulb

Re: Now Contact 5.3.1 & VCard - 09/21/07 12:20 PM

Hello, I've sent you the vcard and still no answer. ???

I'm using vcards everyday now and the bug is starting to be really annoying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nicolas
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Now Contact 5.3.1 & VCard - 09/22/07 10:02 AM

Hi Nicolas:

Thank you for sending that to me. I should of warned you that I wouldn't be looking at it until next month. We're wrapping up the work to get NightHawk into beta, so all of my time is going there. My objective with your file is to figure out what characters are causing the display problem. NUDC is not unicode-compatible, so if it's a unicode problem we won't be able to fix it in NUDC. However, NightHawk should be able to display that data properly. I'll have more information next month.

Thanks!
John