Enhancement request for NUC 5.3.1

Posted by: stephenwillard

Enhancement request for NUC 5.3.1 - 09/02/07 02:26 PM

I do not believe that there is the capability of doing group emailing in NUC 5.3.1. If I am wrong then please tell me how to do it.

I would love it if I could mouse Contact > Email... and a dialog box would appear similar to the the File > Print with Options and query me for which contacts to email such as "Selected contacts", "Current List", or "Entire contact file". When I clicked on "Okay" then NUC would open my email client (as set in my preferences) with all the corresponding email addresses included.

Sometimes it is more appropriate and cost-effective to send email to a group of people then snail mail.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Enhancement request for NUC 5.3.1 - 09/07/07 07:14 AM

Select the contacts you want to email, go to the Actions item in the toolbar, and select "Email". That will address an email to all the selected contacts (though it will be a single email with all the addresses, not individual emails; I'm not sure exactly what you need).

Just FYI, it's unlikely that there will be any further enhancements to NUDC 5.x, particularly not feature additions. The product is being replaced by an entirely new version, codenamed Nighthawk. You'll probably want to make any suggestions for new features in the Nighthawk Suggestions forum so that John, et. al. are aware of your need.

Regards.
Posted by: stephenwillard

Re: Enhancement request for NUC 5.3.1 - 09/07/07 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: "dsawyer"

Select the contacts you want to email, go to the Actions item in the toolbar, and select "Email". That will address an email to all the selected contacts (though it will be a single email with all the addresses, not individual emails; I'm not sure exactly what you need). Regards.

Selecting "email" does not work with my system default email which gmail. Gmail runs and a window does appear, but the address is set to (null). It makes no difference whether I select one contact or many contacts. However, if I bring up a contact info window and click on the email icon, then gmail is run with the correct email address. It appears that part of your software works while the other part does not. To me this sounds like defect.

I am currently running a trial 5.3.1, and I am thinking about upgrading to this newer version to do mass mailing and emailing. Neither parts of the code seem to be working properly. Not only can I not do group emails, but 5.3.1 does not work with my Dymo label printer either. 5.3.1 does support Dymo because "Dymo shipping label 30256.lbl" is in the list of labels in the "Define Print Template" dialog box. Unfortunately, the label is scrolled out of the printer with nothing on it. Another defect? Crying or Very sad

Perhaps I need to find a different solution because you have informed me that no more work will be done on the 5.x.x branch.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Enhancement request for NUC 5.3.1 - 09/07/07 03:05 PM

Sorry that doesn't work with GMail. All I can tell you is that it works fine with Mail, and probably would with most other standalone mail clients.

But it's not "my" software; I don't work for Now, I'm just a fellow user. If NUDC 5.x doesn't work for you, no one else here has a suggestion, and you can't or don't want to wait for Nighthawk, then another solution would indeed seem to be your only option. There are a number of applications specifically designed for mass emails; perhaps one of those would work better for you (though GMail seems to cause problems with a lot of apps, from what I've read).