Syncing with Treo 650

Posted by: jonbodin

Syncing with Treo 650 - 08/31/07 09:21 AM

I recently upgraded to NOW 5.3.1 and am unable to sync my Treo 650. When I attempt to hot sync, I receive an error message saying that Conduit Manager unexpectedly quit'. I have not had syncing problems until I added NOW. I previously ran an older version of NOW (4x) but did not attempt to sync with Treo.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!
Posted by: trmikie

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/01/07 02:55 AM

Try using Missing sync. Used it for couple years. Best out there. Check it out http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos_upgrade.php

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/01/07 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: "trmikie"

Try using Missing sync. Used it for couple years. Best out there. Check it out http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos_upgrade.php

I went to the web-site but it's system requirements are for Tiger and I'm running this on a PowerBook running OS 10.3.9. Would this still work?
Posted by: trmikie

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/01/07 03:22 PM

Download the trial and give it a try. Ask them, their customer support has always been great.

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/02/07 01:58 PM

Here's what Mark/Space said about NOW & Missing Lync:

NOW Software Conduits:
Some users may successfully sync using the 5.1 versions of the NOW conduits. However, others may experience problems. Mark/Space is working with NOW to determine if this issue can be resolved. In the meantime, Mark/Space cannot support use of the NOW conduits with The Missing Sync for Palm OS.

Any other ideas or work-arounds for syncing problems?

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/02/07 02:29 PM

Here's the Hot Sync Log from my most recent attempt:

HotSync 3.2.1 started 9/2/07 4:15:13 PM
Local Synchronization
Install conduit not found
* Created backup file *
*** Unexpected error 16388.
Now Up-to-Date synchronization failed
“Now Up-to-Date” failed (error = #16388)
*Created backup file*
Posted by: docsloat

Re: Syncing with Treo 650 - 09/03/07 04:50 AM

It should work. I started using Missing Sync several years ago, and it has worked in spite of their disclaimer.

Here is what you may try first.

1.Make sure you have all your data backed up from your Palm file. Make a duplicate of the entire file.

2. Delete everything in the Palm program, application, preferences, and any NUDC conduits

3. Delete all the NUDC preferences, conduits, in the OS Library, and the NUDC applications

4. Reinstall Palm first, the reinstall your NUDC application

If this does not work, then I would buy the Missing Sync.

Missing Sync worked fine with my 650 and now my 700P