Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f

Posted by: dssatobr

Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f - 08/07/07 11:26 PM

Need support:

My Now Contact stopped work, I can not open it anymore. I uninstalled it and installed again, however the problem persists. When I'm opening the Now Contact the following error message appears:

" Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f ", and then it closes the window.

Please if someone know how to solve the problem, I'll appreciate.

Thank you,

Daniel
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f - 08/10/07 07:39 PM

Some Questions:

1. What version of NC are you running?
2. What version of Windows are you running?
3. Was anything new installed between the last time it worked and the first time it failed (including OS updates, new/upgraded software, plug-ins, Java, etc)?
4. Was any new hardware (memory, drives, etc) installed?

Got to have this before even making a stab. That message is, like many Wintel messages, almost useless.
Posted by: JAF_dup1

Re: Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f - 08/21/07 01:05 AM

We are having exactly the same problem with one of our computers. Version is the latest (4.5.2), Windows XP Pro, nothing installed in between (except windows updates), no new hardware. Spoke to Now tech support after trying several things to no avail - they suggested deleting the preference files. Didn't work. Did a full uninstall (including registry entries for Now Software), deleted the program directories, etc... Nothing seems to work.

Sometimes the preference files do not get created properly under the hidden Application Data folder for the user. I am wondering if some of the security settings for the computer might be affecting the installation (this is an University computer which has strict security policies). However - it used to work till last week. We also tried installing using the local admin login. Didn't work either.

Daniel - did you find out the problem on your end?

Josť
Posted by: Virtual J

Re: Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f - 11/07/07 10:07 AM

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am having the same issue today. It was working moderately okay yesterday (had issues but not this one). Am getting the feeling this program is not so good. Crying or Very sad

J
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Unhandled exception: C0000005 at address 00443f4f - 11/08/07 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: "Virtual J"

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am having the same issue today. It was working moderately okay yesterday (had issues but not this one). Am getting the feeling this program is not so good. Crying or Very sad

J

This is usually an issue in the local file or the program prefs. Are you getting this in Now Contact, or Now Up-to-Date?