Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance

Posted by: Saturdays

Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/20/07 07:51 AM

Is there any feature in NUDC (on a Mac) that acts as an onscreen "call sheet" or to "to do list" that can be shared.

I have a group of four assistance that need to have something as simple as a shared document that they can edit throughout the day. The NUDC calendar will not suffice. They need a separate document just hanging open at the top of their screen. Really simple.

If NUDC cannot do that, are there any programs you know of that you can recommend?

Thanks
Posted by: rllewis@mac.com

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/20/07 07:18 PM

Here's how I do it. I use Now Up to Date in list view, set up to show only todos/calls/appointments for "today". When a new call comes in, I record it as an undated todo. I assign it a category which I've created, such as c-lw (call, left word) or c-rtd (call, returned). If my assistant takes a call, she can add it to the list (or change its status) and my list gets updated. I also use the same list for appointments and todos. So the list shows my whole day at a glance, and each item can be updated by anyone on the server. Happy to give you more detail, if you need it.
Posted by: Kempy

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/21/07 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: "rllewis@mac.com"

Here's how I do it. I use Now Up to Date in list view, set up to show only todos/calls/appointments for "today". When a new call comes in, I record it as an undated todo. I assign it a category which I've created, such as c-lw (call, left word) or c-rtd (call, returned). If my assistant takes a call, she can add it to the list (or change its status) and my list gets updated. I also use the same list for appointments and todos. So the list shows my whole day at a glance, and each item can be updated by anyone on the server. Happy to give you more detail, if you need it.

Very Happy
I would appeciate that. Always looking for a shared list of quotes to do/follow up/ lost/ won etc. that anyone can access.

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/22/07 11:56 AM

I created a sample template for you. The forum won't let me attach a file with .nud extension for some reason. If you give me your email, I'll send it to you. Use the list view. You can create your own categories to add to those I've created.
Posted by: trmikie

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/22/07 03:42 PM

I'd like to see your template as well. Sound like what I have been looking to use for a while

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/22/07 06:16 PM

I'm happy to forward it to anyone. but you have to give me your email address. the forum will not let me attach a .nud file.
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/23/07 05:44 AM

Oversight on my part when setting up the forum. You should be able to attach .nud and .nct files to a post now. Let me know by pm if this is still a problem.

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/23/07 09:40 AM

Thanks Sean

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/23/07 11:30 AM

OK, THE SAMPLE FILE IS ATTACHED

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/23/07 11:42 AM

Thanks RL

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/23/07 05:12 PM

let me know if you have any questions about it. also, let me know if you find it useful.

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/24/07 04:55 AM

The file that downloads is a php file whats up?

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/24/07 08:36 AM

I attached a .nud file. don't know what a php is. if you give me your email, I'll send it to you privately. my email is listed next to my name.

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/24/07 11:41 AM

Thanks for the great ideas. Iv've been trying to think of way to keep track of calls for a while. Thanks again

Re: Shared "Call Sheet" for assistance - 07/25/07 09:46 AM

You guys should be aware of a bug in NUD that affects this template. If you type in the description or title fields past the margin of the field, your cursor will disappear. You are still typing text, but it is not on screen. if you open the event info window, you will see it and can edit it there. this bug has persisted for many years without a fix from Now.