iPod annoyance:

Posted by: DaddyMac

iPod annoyance: - 09/29/03 07:24 AM

I don't know specifically what to do, but I have an idea and I just wanted to see if anyone else was having this little quirk happen:<br><br>I have a playlist with all my AAC files setup in iTunes, and it updates live whenever I add a new song from either the iTMS or I rip something new. Then, whenever I connect my iPod for charging, I manually drag the playlist onto the iPod and it adds any new tracks it finds- as it should.<br><br>However, it also adds two or three extra tracks that have NOT changed since the last time I connected the iPod. The only thing I can think of is that some property of the track is changing- last time played, rating, etc- and telling the iPod that it's a new/changed track.<br><br>I pretty much took out all the dynamic subcategories out of my column view- so I'm not quite sure what's changing on the track. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod annoyance: - 09/29/03 11:03 AM

When you say "extra tracks that have not changed" do you mean additional songs that aren't in the playlist or is it duplicating songs in the list that are already there?<br><br>Either way I probably can't think of the answer. I update playlists and drag them to the pod all the time and I've never experienced this type of thing. <br><br>

Re: iPod annoyance: - 09/29/03 11:12 AM

Duplicating songs that are already on the playlist.<br><br>Like I'll have two copies of 3 or 4 songs for no apparent reason.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod annoyance: - 09/29/03 11:36 AM

Hmm, yeah, that is very weird and certainly an annoyance since its taking up extra space on your iPod hard drive. I guess this doesn't happen if you update your playlists manually, rather than dynamically? So, this is one of those 'smart' playlists?<br><br>

Re: iPod annoyance: - 09/29/03 11:38 AM

Exactly, it's a smart playlist that updates with all the new AAC files as they are imported on to my machine. <br><br>Which, now that I think about it, makes no sense to have since ALL the tracks on my iPod are AAC.<br><br>But I also have a 'Recently Added' list, which is all the new tracks from a month back, and I get the same problem with this list and updating too...<br><br>