iPod for Photo File Storage?

Posted by: Anonymous

iPod for Photo File Storage? - 09/02/03 07:42 AM

Is there a device that will enable the ipod to store photos files from a compact flash card? The iPod would be the perfect travel companion for the photographer that needs to download photo files from a compact flash card. If the iPod will not work, suggestions for alternatives.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: iPod for Photo File Storage? - 09/02/03 08:03 AM

I don't know of anything that will bypass the computer, but you could certainly download from the camera to the Mac and then drag them on to the iPod thereafter...<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: iPod for Photo File Storage? - 09/02/03 08:04 AM

I found this snippet from the web, so it looks like it can be done.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>At $399, iPod seems expensive for an MP3 player, but it is not a one-trick pony. Since iPod is basically a portable FireWire hard drive, it can be used to transfer any kind on digital files between computers. It can also be put into FireWire Target Disk Mode. Download the MacOS system files and iPod can be used to boot up a sick FireWire-equipped Mac. Using FireWire only mode, iPod can be used to download photos or video from a FireWire equipped device.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>My Stuff
Posted by: iraszl

Re: iPod for Photo File Storage? - 09/02/03 08:07 AM

So basically if you have the latest hi-end digicam with Firewire than you can use the iPod for storage.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: iPod for Photo File Storage? - 09/03/03 12:19 AM

I know I am taking a road trip soon and will be taking my Powerbook. I was concerned about disc space on my laptop but then realized I had about 25GB free on the iPod so I am thinking I can use it as a portable mini hard drive for storage. But I will have to download to the Mac first. No way to connect camera to iPod. I have used it to transfer files from my Mac to my mom's eMac very easily. There is an idea for a clever inventor. I'll bet such a device would sell well if it works.<br><br>[color:blue]Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances.</font color=blue>