Best iPod FM Transmitter?

Posted by: Anonymous

Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/28/03 07:52 PM

Which iPod FM transmitter does everyone here think is the best, and why? <br><br>or...if you have an iPod FM transmitter that you use, which brand and model did you buy? why did you buy that particular model (as opposed to other options)? and is it working as well as you'd like?<br><br>Thanks all!<br><br>Ron<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/28/03 08:00 PM

They all suck... donít bother with them. Just accept the fact that youíll have to either use a cassette adapter, or earphones - unless youíre lucky and have a car stereo with an analog port on the face plate...<br><br><br>[color:green]Trying to straddle the fence leaves you with nothing but sore balls.</font color=green>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/28/03 09:30 PM

I agree. I bought a new receiver for this reason alone. The FM transmitters suck wind and rain. I used a Belkin when I was car pooling in someone elses car. Save the $30 and apply it to either a cassette adapter or a new receiver...<br><br>END OF LINE<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/29/03 08:54 AM

Heck, I wound up buying a whole new car stereo...<br><br>Shows you MY commitment to being able to listen to my iPod in the car, eh? <br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/30/03 08:00 AM

Is it because of the need to find unused FM channels? We have a lot of dead stations in our area so for once the lack of technology would be in my favor. Or is it the quality that sucks?<br><br>[color:blue]Everything in the universe has rhythm. Everything dances.</font color=blue>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/30/03 11:39 AM

Actually, I find my iRock to be pretty good hehe..works fine in my area.<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: Trog

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/30/03 01:28 PM

heh heh, I don't think they all suck. Yes, the quality of the audio is lower, no doubt about it. But, they still have their uses.<br><br>On trips my wife and I listen to audio books in the car using the iPod. We don't have a cassette deck, so the FM transmitter is the only thing we can use until we someday get a stereo with line-in.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 08/30/03 05:48 PM

The quality sucks (in my opinion, it's worse than a cassette adapter method), and if you happen to live in a big city, they usually don't work because there aren't enough empty FM stations around, and even when there are, the signal is so weak that you end up hearing other stations over top of it every once in a while.<br><br><br>[color:green]Trying to straddle the fence leaves you with nothing but sore balls.</font color=green>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Best iPod FM Transmitter? - 09/01/03 07:39 AM

Boy I have to add a bit of comment on audio quality. The few times I could get my iTrip to work on the stereo at home, the sound quality was crappy as hell. I compared it with the iTrip and then with the iPod connected to the stereo system with the RCA Y-plug I have on it. No comparison by a longshot. <br><br>