AppleTV movie

Posted by: yoyo52

AppleTV movie - 04/18/14 08:39 PM

I bought a movie from iTMS on the AppleTV. I expected that it would be available on my computers, but it doesn't show up, and checking that I've downloaded everything that I've bought on iTunes on the computers indicates that I have nothing to download. So am I wrong to expect that the movie will be available on the computers?
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: AppleTV movie - 04/18/14 08:51 PM

Hmm… I've only bought one movie (To Kill A Mockingbird) through iTunes, but it does show up on every device. I'm not sure about purchasing from AppleTV.
Very happy with the quality, by the way.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: AppleTV movie - 04/19/14 04:35 AM

My impression is that if you order it from the computer it's on the computer. But if ordered from the ATV... then its only on the ATV. It used to be either way resulted in the file being on your computer.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: AppleTV movie - 04/19/14 07:38 AM

On your computer:

- Open iTunes

- Go to the iTunes Store home page

- Select "Purchased" in the Quick Links section at the right

- Select the "Movies" tab

Purchased movies that aren't on your computer should have a little cloud icon at their upper right, which when clicked should start downloading your movie =)

For some reason Apple has made this a lot more arcane than it used to be -- seems like "check for available downloads" hasn't really worked in years (or at least so it seems to me) …

=)
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: AppleTV movie - 04/19/14 07:49 AM

Thanks, six. What a tangled web we weave, eh! But the check for downloads does work with music, at least for me. Very strange.