iPad, no multiple users

Posted by: Jim_

iPad, no multiple users - 03/31/14 10:11 AM

Just saw an ad for a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. Two guys, one with an iPad, one with a Galaxy. The iPad guy had something deleted by his kid. The Galaxy guy mentions the multiple user feature of the Galaxy, very nice. Saw some others, the iPad still lacks multitasking. Sigh.

The Galaxy Tab Pro looks nice, card slot, micro-USB port for charging and peripherals as opposed to Apple's proprietary port, great display, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, less expensive, and the micro-SD card slot can expand the 16G model to whatever you want.

Apple needs to pick up the pace, the iPad is getting long in the tooth. I miss Jobs.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: iPad, no multiple users - 03/31/14 10:46 AM

Agreed.
I don't necessarily want a new product category, but there is lots of room for improvement with the existing line up.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iPad, no multiple users - 03/31/14 03:15 PM

Looks nice but I like how Apple's things just work together.

Multiple users? We don't use that even on our iMac & MacBook Air. If I had a small child, just put restrictions on it so that they can't delete anything. Or get them a cheap iPad.

Multitask? Eh...maybe in some cases would being able to use 2 apps at one time be useful, but I bet that's not something most "normal" users would do with it.

The screen resolution on this thing (iPad 4) is awesome. I love the fact that I can use the same charger with my phone & iPad.

The only improvements I could see is maybe adding either more space on base model or a sd slot like those have.

That galaxy tab pro has only 1 processor...