iOS7, how do I love thee?

Posted by: steveg

iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 10:45 AM

So my X has started behaving in a way that begs to have her calls and texts blocked (I've already had to block her emails). I called AT&T, and they can do it. For $5/mo! B-b-b-but why charge the harassee instead of the harasser? cry Fuhgettaboutit! mad

Then I did the Google. How's this for an AHA moment? grin
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 11:07 AM

That's going to piss her off, good thing she's far away. grin

Take note though, the call will still go to voice mail. You won't get the VM notice on the phone but they can still fill up your VM box online I believe so you may need to go in there and manually clean them out.

That's the advantage of the $5 monthly charge maybe, they can't even leave VM.

Edit - Actually I now see that the blocked VMs go to the bottom of your VM screen on the phone, so you can delete them from there. It doesn't notify you of the VM but you can get to them. You will have to do that now and then or your VM box will fill up.
Posted by: steveg

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 11:24 AM

Yah, I saw that. I check the VM counter once or twice a day anyway just to be sure I haven't missed a *wanted* call. If it becomes a problem, I'll go through AT&T. But this is still better than having to manually bypass incoming calls or shelling out extra $$ to NSAT&T. wink
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 03:52 PM

They mentioned being able to block callers in the Keynote.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 06:24 PM

I haven't had the desire or need to block anyone.....yet. wink
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/13/13 06:59 PM

Love is a many splendored thing, eh? smirk
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iOS7, how do I love thee? - 11/14/13 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I haven't had the desire or need to block anyone.....yet. wink

Yeah? Only because I haven't been able to find your number yet. Give it time.... smile