iOS 7 newest update… Huh?

Posted by: steveg

iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/04/13 03:09 AM

So I just updated my 4s to iOs 7.0.3, and now, when I swipe to unlock, I have to enter the passcode I established when I went through the setup process. Is there anyway to disable it? I see an option in Settings to delay it when using touch ID, but that's a 5s thing, right? Am I now permanently stuck with this extra step every time I want to use my phone?

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/04/13 03:30 AM

Nebbermind… I found the setting. D'OH!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/04/13 07:04 AM

Very glad for to help you.

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/04/13 07:55 AM

Ya. Youse was a yoodge he'p.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/05/13 12:28 PM

I've come to like it enabled. Keeps unwanted access by other folks stopped.

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/06/13 03:46 AM

If you're always with groups of other people — friends, family, co-workers, etc. — or if you travel often, it makes sense. As I often do with my MBP, when I'm out of my office to meet with clients or vendors, I'll set the startup to require my password. But the phone, always being in my pocket and never left unattended, is less of a risk. That said, it's easy enough to enable the passcode protection if I'm gonna be in an environment or situation where the security is well-advised.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/06/13 12:10 PM

I think of the passcode/fingerprint as a kind of insurance. My phone is always in my pocket and not many people enter my physical space where I live.

But, I have car and home insurance and sometimes think I don't need that added expense. I don't have accidents and my home is still standing as good as ever.

I'll keep the iPhone/iPad insurance too.

Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/06/13 05:21 PM

I'm more interested in the one touch fingerprint pay option for iTunes and such.

Quote:
You can even use it to authorize purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5949?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: iOS 7 newest update… Huh? - 11/06/13 08:10 PM

Quote:
I'm more interested in the one touch fingerprint pay option for iTunes and such.

It's a wonderful feature -- beats having to enter your Apple ID password every time =)