Let's hear it for iPad sync

Posted by: padmavyuha

Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 11:11 AM

Let me just say - it's crap. Plug iPad Mini into mac - sync - sync again - sync again - etc. It hangs, it fails to copy stuff, it even copies some big stuff over wifi in spite of being plugged into usb. Dear oh dear.

Oh, the latest. You tell it in iTunes to delete a film on the iPad to make room for another one. IT says it has, but then after spending 15 minutes trying to transfer the new film, it says there's no space - so you have to go to the iPad and manually delete the old one before you can re-copy the new one. Pff.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 01:27 PM

Something is fubar. Try turning off wifi while syncing.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 02:50 PM

That does sound like something is fubar. I've never had that problem with the iPad. Have you tried rebooting the iPad (beat you to it, Jim!)? If turning off the wifi doesn't work, I wonder if resetting will fix what ails it. That's pretty drastic, though.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 03:51 PM

My iMac at work has a hardwire connection for internet... but if the wifi is on it wreaks havoc..Safari will try to pull from the wifi simultaneously even though it is set in Prefs to pull from Ethernet first. Fubars the browser to the point I just quit it.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 04:58 PM

That's odd for me too. I connect my laptop to the ethernet port at work because I need that to print to the central printer. But my wifi is on, and there's no problem. Strange!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 02/11/13 07:41 PM

Try resetting it then restoring from a backup.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

BTW back it up first of course. smirk
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Let's hear it for iPad sync - 08/22/13 08:16 PM

I have both ethernet and WiFi turned on at all times at home and haven't experienced any issues. But I have seen others that have a host of problems when they do that, so it's not completely uncommon.