.3g2 format on iPad

Posted by: Gerry

.3g2 format on iPad - 01/05/13 07:27 AM

i'd like to load some videos on my iPad and found that an app called PDF Reader will play .3g2 format. So I'm experimenting with converting some .mov files with QTPro into .3g2 format but I can't keep any semblance of quality; it wants to compress a 52mb file to 120kb and I can't find a way to improve that. Can I compress to .3g2 and keep it looking good? Is there a better app for loading up and playing my own movies?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/05/13 11:53 AM

Is there some reason you want to stick with the 3g2 format. The iPad natively plays other formats.

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/06/13 06:28 PM

So is there a better app for loading up and playing my own movies? Format's not important, but I couldn't tell from the app store what's worth trying.

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/06/13 06:57 PM

I don't have QTPro but QT has Save As/Format/iPhone. It will make an m4v.

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/06/13 07:05 PM

Thanks Jim, I can do that but how do I load it onto the ipad, and what player? I can't seem to find straightforward answers on this stuff.

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/06/13 07:16 PM

Drop it on iTunes to load it into there and set iTunes to transfer it to the iPad when you Sync. It will end up in Videos on the iPad.

BTW if you have iTunes set to Keep Media Folder Organized and Copy Files set under itunes Preferences/Advanced, once you copy it into iTunes you can delete it from the original location, it will copy it to the iTunes folder

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 01/07/13 04:25 AM

Thanks, I'll try that!
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: .3g2 format on iPad - 11/03/13 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Gerry
Thanks Jim, I can do that but how do I load it onto the ipad, and what player? I can't seem to find straightforward answers on this stuff.

So Gerry,

I suppose you've found various apps/ways to transfer stuff back and forth between your iPhone, iPad and biggie computer. Just wanted to let you know my favorite. It is called Photo Transfer App.

I'm not the brightest star in the heavens, nor am I the fastest horse on the track, but even I find this app easy and fast to use.

There is lots of good information on their web page. Here is one link link. The have dropins for Google, Dropbox, and Flickr.