iPhone5 and Wi-Fi

Posted by: MacBozo

iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 12/30/12 06:01 PM

My daughter's iPhone5 can connect to my APExpress just fine (it is not connected to the internet, though). It will not connect to my LAN Wi-Fi at all, even when it is right next to the router (802.11g). What's the deal? Do I need to enable multiple protocols on the d-Link router?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 12/30/12 07:37 PM

It should work fine with g. What kind of error does it give? Password or just can't connect?

If you know the password is right reboot the phone, or go to Settings/General/Reset, Reset Network settings, maybe try a reboot after that.

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 12/31/12 02:13 PM

We'll see the next time my daughter comes over. I may have to tell it to forget the network and then try to connect again. It kept throwing up the "cannot join network name" dialog.
Posted by: steveg

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/01/13 04:28 AM

Quote:
maybe try a reboot after that
Wow! It's always about you, isn't it, Jim?

grin

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/01/13 05:21 AM

grin

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/01/13 03:01 PM

OK. I got it to connect by resetting its network settings, but I can't get it to complete activation. I'm thinking we should have activated the phone and then restored it from her 3GS backup. I need to get it back to factory default and start over. What's the best method for doing that?
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/01/13 03:33 PM

Connect to iTunes (may need to be a physical USB connection) ...

in iTunes, select your iPhone in the sidebar (you may have to select View --> Show Sidebar to open the sidebar if it isn't already showing) -- In the Summary pane there should be a "Restore iPhone" button which should let you either restore from backup or restore to factory settings =)

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/01/13 05:09 PM

I restored it to factory settings and reset the phone and that got me back to square 1. I still had to call AT&T to get it activated, though. It's up and running now. I just have to restore from her 3GS backup now, so that she has all of her contacts and photos, etc.

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/02/13 06:27 PM

6.0.2 update.

Re: iPhone5 and Wi-Fi - 01/03/13 12:51 PM

Had that installed.