Is your new iPad overheating?

Posted by: MrB

Is your new iPad overheating? - 03/20/12 02:23 PM

From CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/20/tech/gaming-gadgets/ipad-overheating/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

they have mentioned three or four folks having overheating problems with their new iPads.

Me? I haven't found it a problem. Yes, I noticed it was somewhat warm, but only a little. Of course I have the smart cover folded back under the device when I use it an I expect that would dampen any heat

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: Is your new iPad overheating? - 03/20/12 03:58 PM

Dave, you mean to tell me you haven't bought the George Forman attachment ?? wink

The media hypes about 90% of what they sell... the other 10% is a lie ! laugh
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Is your new iPad overheating? - 03/21/12 06:59 AM

I've read where a few people found that doing a complete battery discharge cycle to zero and back to 100% fixed it.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Is your new iPad overheating? - 03/22/12 01:39 PM

No, I don't even notice it getting warm unless I'm gaming. Nowhere near "HOT" like some laptops get.

iPads shut down if they get too hot ...unless yours is doing that there is no issue.

Re: Is your new iPad overheating? - 03/22/12 03:20 PM

The hot issue is OVER hyped !! mad

and now we know the battery is 70% larger , the recharing time isn't an issue.

iPad 3 - initial findings - 03/25/12 07:59 AM

I just discovered that my iPad 3 is the SOLE source of GLobal Warming !! mad

HA ! joking !!

I have had mine 3 days and have not seen any issues with heat, WiFi, OR battery.
I know it's early, but if it were really serious or widespread, you'd think it'd show up after 3+ days of use.
I had mine out 2 hours yesterday and saw the battery go from 100% to 96% !! whew ! terrible !! wink

I haven't activate 4 G yet but will later. Right now working on iBook and need the Preview.
Also downloaded Rock Prodigy (guitar app) and it ROCKS !! so cool !! grin
Posted by: prabu

Re: iPad 3 - initial findings - 09/03/12 10:08 PM

My IPad get heat while charging what would be the problem
Posted by: MrB

Re: iPad 3 - initial findings - 09/09/12 01:42 AM

I have had mine shutdown when performing several photo manipulations in a row.

Dave