Getting a new appletv 2

Posted by: John Rougeux

Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/05/11 01:34 PM

So our original appletv stopped working. Whenever I pushed a button on the remote it would blink orange. Wife gave green light to get a new appletv..well, a refurb one. Should be here sometime this week.

Of course I have found out that the remote may not be synced to the apple tv and I have found out how to fix that, but I will wait until the new one gets here to try that method heheh

Re: Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/13/11 03:53 PM

well, it arrived today. Hmmm...they put my movies and tv shows elsewhere. Different..will take a bit to get used to.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/14/11 05:27 AM

I saw the version 2 in the Apple store yesterday...damn.. it's like 25% percent of the previous size....

Re: Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/14/11 06:11 AM

Yeah, it's tiny!

We watched a show last night on it. Used the remote app on my iPad, very nice!

Airplay is neat, just wish it would do it in reverse...watch a show on AppleTV and then watch it on your iPad. But apparently right now it's only if you have that show/movie on your iPad already.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/14/11 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
I saw the version 2 in the Apple store yesterday...damn.. it's like 25% percent of the previous size....
Yeah, it's all streaming based now, there's no internal HD anymore.

Re: Getting a new appletv 2 - 09/14/11 08:51 AM

And there are some subtle differences in the software too:
Homesharing rather than having to enter in a 4 digit code in iTunes is the big one. MUCH easier now to sync.

And speaking of syncing, whenever I added a new movie/tv show into iTunes, I had to manually hit the sync button in iTunes to sync up the appletv. Now, it just appears on the AppleTV as soon as I put it in iTunes. Nice!