How long have you gone without using desktop?

Posted by: John Rougeux

How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/08/11 03:47 AM

What's the longest you have gone just using your iPad?

Starting today, I am going to see how long it'll be before I have to use my desktop. Now, remote logging in isn't the same.

Just realized that Lion will probably come out next week and I'll have to use my iMac
Posted by: MrB

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/08/11 10:59 AM

I go several days without setting at my desktop. Usually when I do I have to erase a hundred or so emails . Non junk.

One thing I like is my Apple tv. Love watching video on my big screen from my iPad.

Dave
Posted by: zwei

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/08/11 09:57 PM

Since I bought the iPad I've easily dropped my desktop usage from daily (and heavy) to once or twice a week. Half of those times are simply me coming home for lunch and choosing to sit down at the desk instead of the couch so I have a place to put my food, not a real need to use the desktop.

I have been on the Mac a bit more the past couple days since I got my Google+ account, but I'm sure once the iOS app comes out I'll have little reason to. I'll definitely be playing around with Lion when it comes out too. Other than those two things and backups and photo storage I really don't crave my Mac anymore. I've already decided I won't be buying a 27" iMac for my next computer …I'll be going with a 21" (or whatever is the smallest available a couple years from now). Can't really justify the extra pixels anymore.

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/09/11 05:42 AM

Ah, Waleed sent me an invite for google+ but it never came. Can you spare an invite? Ha

Yeah, I only sit at a computer when there is something that won't work on the iPad. And at work, that is only the state of KY's website. And at home, i have to use it to upload to smug mug, but with IOS 5, that should fix that
Posted by: zwei

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/09/11 08:08 AM

The invites are kinda weird. They turn them on and off. Right now I cannot invite anyone and that also means those who have been invited cannot sign up (even though they have an invite). Also, when I got my invite I never received a notification email. Since Waleed invited you, all you need to do is wait until they are accepting new people and just go to http://plus.google.com …instead of seeing the not currently available message you'll get a login box.

I'll post here again if I see my invites available again. Anyone else that reads this and wants an invite just send me your email address via PM.

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/09/11 08:13 AM

I got the log in box, but it says I need an invite. Heh. Waleed said that he deleted his account so that may be it
Posted by: MrB

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/09/11 04:47 PM

Off topic a bit, but what is up with Waleed, these days. I miss him.

Dave

Re: How long have you gone without using desktop? - 07/09/11 08:19 PM

He's on twitter. He's doing well.