Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad?

Posted by: MrB

Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad? - 06/16/11 11:25 AM

I am about to get an iGo tip to power my Garmin GPS. I have one but it seems to have been bent so won't work anymore. Thought I might also get a tip to charge my iPhone and my iPad.

The iGo site claims that tip A133 will charge both. Users claim that, the A133 tip works for iPhone 4 but will not charge the iPad, but that older A61 tip will charge the iPad.

Any of you have experience with iGo?

I like it for my GPS.

DAVE
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad? - 07/02/11 07:14 AM

Dave, never heard of it, but is it like those ones that you lay your iPhone/iPad on and it charges? I wouldn't mind one of those.

Did you get it?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad? - 07/02/11 08:35 AM

Quote:
ones that you lay your iPhone/iPad on and it charges

Except that the receiver/battery for that is built into the case and it adds considerably to the bulk of the phone and you then have use their case.

Got one for bday and returned it.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad? - 07/02/11 08:39 AM

Ah ok, was wondering how it charged the battery.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Anyone use iGo for charging iPhone or iPad? - 07/03/11 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Dave, never heard of it, but is it like those ones that you lay your iPhone/iPad on and it charges? I wouldn't mind one of those.

Did you get it?

Havent got one yet. The iGo isa system of connecters that attach to the basic charge system like those that plug in to a cigarette lighter in a car or household plug. You get the plug in then get whatever ends that fit into your device. They have ones for numerous devices. I have ends that fit my GPS and for an old cell phone. The one for the GPS broke and I don't have the cell any more.

http://www.igo.com/mobile-devices/car-charger/invt/ps002550007/

From amazon the tip

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=IGo+t133&x=0&y=0

I was asking if anyone had used this system for their iPhone or iPad.

I guess not

Dave