Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2!

Posted by: John Rougeux

Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 02:36 PM

That would be ME! laugh

32GB wifi black model! Thanks to Zwei for helping me decide. I was #2 in line at Best Buy!
Posted by: Papa

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 03:34 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. You made the right decision. I was going to reply in your other thread but now I don't have to.

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 04:05 PM

Thanks! It's pretty darn fast!
Posted by: Papa

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 04:41 PM

There is an HD version of the Word game for the iPad. They have it on sale every so often. The Scrabble game is good too. You can play with other people or play against the computer. You sure can go through the iTunes gift cards in a hurry if you are not careful. laugh
Posted by: carp

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 06:53 PM

Super congrats John.

Give a us a review later.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 07:33 PM

Geek.
Fanboy.
Sheep.
Ummmmm…
Uhhhhhhhh…

Damn.
Ran out of things to call you.
wink

Too Cool!
You gotta get Garageband.
At that price, you have nothing to lose.
Enjoy every minute!

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 07:44 PM

Thanks. Typing on it now. Between wife & son, time on it is short! Haha

Sure is fast! And I really like it. I think we need a thread on iPad apps
Posted by: zwei

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/11/11 08:41 PM

First iPad app I recommend …appshopper. It's hands down the best way to keep an eye on app store sales. Also, Register via the app or on the website to create a wish list and fill it with apps you find interesting but not quite worth the purchase just yet. Then, if any of those apps go on sale you'll get a notification and/or email telling you the price dropped.

Today, for instance, enigmo 2 is free. 1Password Pro (universal app) is $9.99 ($5 off)

Also, be sure and check out flipboard. Such a well done newsreader. If you are into RSS, I suggest Reeder.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/12/11 06:41 AM

Super!,

Enjoy.

I sure am addicted to my OLD one.

Dave
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/12/11 11:55 AM

The new favicon here caught my eye in my bookmarks...

I second appshopper!—although I just use appshopper.com and never tried the app. (Because I mainly use their email alerts anyway.)

I don’t own an iPad, but I already have several hundred apps and a case for when I do smile (And almost all of them, case included, were on sale... I’ve been snapping up bargains for a whole year, thinking I would buy an iPad soon, and always putting it off.)

I already know that iTeleport will be the killer app for me. But I’m a VNC madman, always using a different computer from the one I’m sitting at.... so much easier than walking 5 feet!

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/12/11 01:04 PM

Be careful about buying a case, it might not fit the new one.

So far we only have the grey smart cover. I found out that the black leather ones are $69 and the others are $39
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Woohoo! Guess who got an iPad 2! - 03/16/11 12:28 PM

Yes, the case I bought is just a simple zipper bag. That’s enough for now. Later I’d like to add a fitted TPU skin, but I’m waiting to find out which ones really fit the iPad 2... and which ones “almost” fit because they were designed too early.

Anyway, I’m waitlisted at Best Buy for a 64GB WiFi. How long until they call? Who knows smile If I find one at the Apple Store I can always get my deposit back from Best Buy. I reserved it late Saturday morning the 12th, so hopefully it won’t take more than a week or two (faster than online at Apple.com).