Who's getting a iPhone?

Posted by: TCPMeta

Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/28/07 06:07 PM

Who all here is getting a iPhone?
Posted by: zenstate

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/28/07 06:13 PM

Not I.  Personally I hate phones of all types and use them as little as possible.

The only real thing about the iphone that interests me is the motion sensor that turns the screen when you turn the device.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 01:21 AM

That sensor is cool. I think we will see them in digicams soon if not already. That way they can tag the metadata of pics so apps like iPhoto will know which way up they go automatically.

Those of us in the rest of the world can't get iPhones if we wanted to. And I couldn't afford one even if they were available.
Posted by: mordaskyt

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 03:48 AM

I got a Nokia 5300 this week and I must say I love it. My carrier, T-Mobile gave it to me for $50 with contract. It is a hybrid phone/music player design based on the idea that it should actually be a good music player. It holds a gig out of the box and larger (2 gig for now) cards are available. Unlike most US carriers T-Mobile does not disable the phones connectivity features. I am able to mount the phones memory card via usb as well as send and remove files via bluetooth. It will play mp3, AAC (unencrypted) and wma. It also has an FM radio and a serviceable little camera. Its coolest feature is its ability to tether via bluetooth. I get unlimited data for $5.99 a month and the phone connects as a modem via bluetooth and I can surf from my powerbook at a reasonable 150k. I can listen to music and take a call and surf all at the same time. Only problem is it all eats the battery like candy. Need to hook it up to a car battery lol.
Posted by: 987687

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 04:46 AM

I can't afford a regular phone, let alone an iPhone. Besides I hate phones. And they do have cameras with sensors in them, my friend has one.
Posted by: manhackman

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: "zenstate "

Not I.  Personally I hate phones of all types and use them as little as possible.

The only real thing about the iphone that interests me is the motion sensor that turns the screen when you turn the device.

This motion sensor has been used in digital cameras for a while now... pretty sweet if you take both portrait and landscape photos.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 07:47 AM

I think I am going to wait until the reviews start coming in and maybe even hold off until there is a 3G version, EDGE sucks.
Posted by: Protocol6v

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 03:19 PM

If they ever switch to Verizon I will. AT&T and Cingular suck.
Posted by: soundmann18

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 05:10 PM

I'd heard rumors that AT&T would subsidize the voice plan cost, seeing as they aren't subsidizing the phone price... if that were true, then I would have bought this phone, but seeing as its not, this thing is WAY too expensive.
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/29/07 06:10 PM

Well so far I have heard about a few disappointments on the iPhones. Too many people are mad because the wifi on it is too slow and a lot of people didn't know you have to get a AT&T plan to use the phone. All I can say is do better research and wifi on these are made for email and a few other low bandwidth things.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 06/30/07 08:56 AM

I think the processing power is to blame for much of the speed complaints with wifi.
Posted by: whitlock

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 07/01/07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: "Protocol6v "

If they ever switch to Verizon I will. AT&T and Cingular suck.

I hear ya.  I'm a Verizon user as well and have been pretty satisfied with their service.  I also hate AT&T, so I won't get an iPhone without being able to use it on another service.

Then again, Verizon was dumb enough to turn down the iPhone in the first place...

http://blog.wired.com/cultofmac/2007/01/verizon_turned_.html
Posted by: dead13

Re: Who's getting a iPhone? - 07/05/07 08:12 AM

i'll wait untill i get more reactions out of it and see if it has any hardware issues like batteries and such probably later though