AppleTV ?

Posted by: maestro

AppleTV ? - 01/09/07 01:36 PM

The idea and follow through of the AppleTV is pretty cool. BUT, I already own an Xbox 360 in which I paid the same price.  It does all of the same and more (with Mac or PC too).  If you read my article on Connect360 you know what Im talking about, if not, check it out.  They have a new version that does video too.  The video part is not fully realized yet, but it can now stream iTunes radio also.  By the way, it plays games better than any Mac with a great selection.  It also allowed me to jump on the HD DVD bandwagon early on the cheap. 

With that, I want an AppleTV, but I would rather buy another Xbox 360 and get more for the same price.  What does everyone else think?
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: AppleTV ? - 01/09/07 02:45 PM

Microsoft is evil.
Posted by: maestro

Re: AppleTV ? - 01/09/07 06:52 PM

True, that is obvious.  But I am talking about possibilities of uses.  Yah, Micro$oft may be evil, but I gotta say that the 360 is a kick ass product.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: AppleTV ? - 01/09/07 07:36 PM

I love iTV, but I don't think it will even work with our TV...

it does not work with the older CRT TV's, does it? I have a sony 27" flatscreen CRT, it does have component video in... so is this TV not supported by Apple TV?

I hope it is, as this would be a great addiction my living room setup...
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: AppleTV ? - 01/09/07 11:51 PM

I think composite inputs are enough to use it. Wouldn't expect stunning picture quality from them though. In Europe, TVs tend to have SCART connectors instead of composite. But there is an adaptor, and they have had SCART for ages, so my ancient TV should work.
If only I had any cash. I am so sick of being poor.