My iPhone won't phone

Posted by: polymerase

My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 04:35 PM

or much of anything else. The screen has become "big" so that I can only see a small part of the screen. I can't slide the on because it is blelow my visibility.

So resetting by holding sleep and home button for ten sconds does a restart but it only puts me back into the same place. I can see the eyeball of my dog (she is my wallpaper) but not much else.

What is the next line of reset? Bummer that I took some notes at a seminar this afternoon that I would like to use.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 04:43 PM

Restore from backup in iTunes?

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 04:46 PM

That would be my next step except I think what the phone will do is take my notes and copy them to iTunes before it does anything.

Dooh, that' what I want. So after it does that it is obvious how to "restore from iTunes?

Shoot, if I do that I sure hope it first backs up to the computer because I have been adding tons of stuff.
Posted by: carp

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 04:49 PM

Bummer

Friend has a iPhone 3Gs , he showed me at the top of the phone there was a small hole that you can insert a paper clip - this does a hard reboot . Check your manual first before you stick something down that hole ! ! He was pointing to the jack hole for the head set <- wtf

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 05:05 PM

If you sync first, then restore?
Might do the trick.

By the way, prepare to have this topic moved! wink smile grin

Edit: Hee Hee, told ya! wink

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:04 PM

Restored from iTunes totally reset. Still no joy. The phone starts then the screen does this enlarge thing so I can still only see a third of the screen.

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:07 PM

Hello way down here. Wasn't there supposed to be a marker left in the lounge?

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:20 PM

Jesus, I can't even find my way back here.

I figured it out by googling which I should have done from the beginning.
Fix here.
Funny, all it was that I had the triple tap zoom screen on. If you don't know how it got on then you don't know how to get rid of it.

The moderator who moved this cancelled my reason for using this forum. Quick snappy answers. Thank you all who helped me and have helped me through the years.

MacBeemer was right. The moderators or moderator who moved this is a supreme jackass. This is my last post. Thanks for the fish. I hope to hell I don't ever regret this and log in here again.

The moderators might realize that this forum is not Neal's. It's not the moderators. The forum is what it is. It is the users. Each and every one. Each one that should be treated with respect and not whined at the way MacBeemer was.

Ciao.
Posted by: carp

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:26 PM

Funny I would have though the two finger "pinching" would have zoomed you back ? guess not

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:37 PM

Please, don't.
I didn't mean it.
I was only funnin' with you.
C'mon Poly, it's only a moved thread into the right forum.
Please don't go.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:43 PM

You're a scientist with brilliant reasoning capabilities, right? What forum do you think a post about the iPhone would be moved to. Now this is just a lowly non-scientific layman's guess, but I'd say iPhone. crazy

I'm not going to debate the why and what of this anymore, it's the way it will be and won't be changed. I just can't believe you're making this big a deal of it, most everyone else gets it, but you seem to have a hard time dealing with the change. Both you and mb will be missed, but if this is all it takes to drive you away, I don't know what to say.

You are seriously over-reacting IMO.

Signed;

Supreme Jackass.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 06:47 PM

Seriously? Over a moved thread?

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/03/09 07:16 PM

Acumowchek,

Not for a second was your post in any way a cause for me bolting. It did make me realize how juvenile the moderators have become if they couldn't leave my post for an hour in the lounge so I could get a quick answer. Reboot would leave them for a couple of days.

In all my other jobs and lives I am treated cordially no matter what a pain in the åss I can be. My daughter is allowed to whine at me. I can do something about that.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: My iPhone won't phone - 11/04/09 03:33 AM

Well, we have enjoyed reading your posts and you have contributed some good things here. Sorry to see you go, but perhaps in time you will realize that it's not that big of a deal. If you decide to come back, your ID will be waiting here for you. Perhaps we'll run into you again on some other forum out there.