Which gen. of iPod touch should I get?

Posted by: Silver_Moon

Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 02:40 PM

and what's the difference between 1st and 2nd? I think my mom's going to buy me one.
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 03:02 PM

I was going to tell you to wait since the are just going to add GPS and FM radio and all sorts of other stuff but if you go her to the buyers guide it says buy now, just updated. Boy, I am missing everything these days. Yesterday I thought CD trays were gone and they weren't.

You might find links at my link telling you what the bennies of the newest touch is. I'm waiting for GPS to be onboard since the touch I have right now has a phone in it which totally sucks.

I was taping my daughter passing to right wing and score this morning but the dang phone rang and the film cut off just as the ball was going nutmeg on the goalie!*

*Only score of the game on Lexington which was the only team that beat us so first place is powned.

[edit] this it the actual Lexington of "don't shoot until you see the white's of their eyes" which is what I told the girls. Then she shot her right between the legs. (a nutmeg).
Posted by: carp

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 03:15 PM

I would think you can get mom and dad together to go "halves" on a nice refurb laptop , which I think you need more then an iTouch .

In fact if you qualify maybe get a education discount deal and get a free iTouch ? ?

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 03:20 PM

My mom and dad don't talk to each other... and my dad won't pay for a Mac. I want an iTouch for an iPod.

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 03:51 PM

They don't need to talk to each other - Your kinda smart so out Fox them .

Go here

Then set up a gift card account for both of them <-- well have them both buy a gift card --> then you cash it in for your laptop and free iTouch , you do qualify under the K-to- 12 education plan .

Maybe a promise to do some extra chores will help laugh

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: carp

Go here

Then set up a gift card account for both of them <-- well have them both buy a gift card --> then you cash it in for your laptop and free iTouch , you do qualify under the K-to- 12 education plan .

I like it! but how do I qualify for that education thingy? I'm not a teacher.

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: PChaterosx
Originally Posted By: carp

Go here

I like it! but how do I qualify for that education thingy? I'm not a teacher.

Well sorta right - Ya dad would have to be in the PTA - PTO as a

Quote:
PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.

Might not be worth the 50 bucks in savings - but you get the idea that mom and dad can buy you a gift card , without talking to each other

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 04:19 PM

That would be hard. Money problems, ya know?
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 04:49 PM

You are not a teacher but a student. You should be able to get the educational discount easy. Ask your English teacher or principal what letter they need to give you proving you are a student in good standing. (Yoyo might know this answer).

For what it is worth. Every time I have met my sisters at the Apple Store so they can get the edu discount I never have actually shown my faculty card.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 06:32 PM

I've ordered online through Apple and not needed to show/email/fax anything proving I was a student.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 06:45 PM

As far as I know, an ID card is all that college kids need. I suspect that Apple would accept the idea that any 13 year old is a student, though. And if not, then they'd sic the cops on the kid.

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
As far as I know, an ID card is all that college kids need. I suspect that Apple would accept the idea that any 13 year old is a student, though. And if not, then they'd sic the cops on the kid.
OH NOOO! I wouldn't want that!

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
I've ordered online through Apple and not needed to show/email/fax anything proving I was a student.

Well with a name of NucleusG4 , they most likely thought you was a Iranian foreign exchange student studying on how to build a bomb - so therefore it is okay laugh

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/24/09 08:20 PM

LOL! laugh
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/26/09 05:30 PM

I agree, at the price of an iPod Touch, you could save up for a used laptop:

Used MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo/1.83 GHz
1024 MB of RAM
60 GB internal drive
Internal Combo Drive
No modem installed
Airport Extreme and Bluetooth installed
Intel GMA 950
13" Glossy Display 2 GB Max. RAM)
Certified Pre-Owned Mac with 90 day warranty
OS CD is not included
OS 10.4.11 installed
Note: There are keyboard marks and white and dark spots on the display
$589.00

http://www.powermax.com/parts/code/PM_CU_MK

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/26/09 05:37 PM

frown I wish, but I could NEVER save up that much! I envy people who are always talking about how they bought a Mac and stuff like that. They have the money. We don't. I wish I could, but that's out of the question now. but I'll tell my grandpa about it.

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/26/09 05:43 PM

Like I mention , ask everyone to buy you Apple Gift Cards instead on stupid gifts that you really don't need - then cash them all in when you have enough for what ya want

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/26/09 05:47 PM

They won't. And GARBAGE stuff isn't stupid! Shirley Manson has a MacBook! Hey, maybe I can ask her to help me... smile

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/26/09 07:39 PM

What do you mean ""they wont" ? did you ask them ? Ask Shirley too while ya at it laugh

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/27/09 12:45 PM

Yes, They said that it was too expensive. How will I ask Shirley? laugh She's so kind, I'm sure she'd help me! smile
Posted by: Mike

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/29/09 04:56 PM

You can always ask the members of this Mac-forum to pitch in!
Remember: the time of 'giving' is coming up quickly! Remind them of that! wink
(Some of the members here are heavily into stocks, etc., and a little cash-give-away means nothing to them! ) grin

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/29/09 05:09 PM

Ok! Please Help? *puppy dog eyes* wink
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/30/09 12:24 PM

OK buddy... you start the fund. grin
Put yer mouth where yer wallet is....
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 10/30/09 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Put yer mouth where yer wallet is....

Er... shouldn't that be the other way round?

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 11/03/09 05:36 PM

No.

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 11/03/09 10:06 PM

Yes smile

It's like 'put your money where your mouth is' - which means 'if you're gonna say it, then do it too'.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 11/04/09 03:29 AM

yup, but I like that version of NG4's because it sounds like he's saying kiss his own butt. laugh

Re: Which gen. of iPod touch should I get? - 11/04/09 06:32 AM

What is his wallet doing up his butt? If I were paranoid, I'd still limit myself to a moneybelt smile.