iPod sales at MacExpo - London

Posted by: Anonymous

iPod sales at MacExpo - London - 11/22/01 11:29 AM

Hi All<br><br>Spent the morning at Mac Expo here in London. Excellent show. As a bit of information - even at 349 UK Pounds (494 US$), iPods were flying off the shelves of the 'Cancom/MacLine' stand. The sales guy said they were selling at one a minute - and I believe him.<br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: iPod sales at MacExpo - London - 11/22/01 12:15 PM

Cool, Im off to the expo this saturday, shame i don't have enough money for an iPod, yet....<br><br>

Re: iPod sales at MacExpo - London - 11/22/01 01:25 PM

Get to that show!<br><br>In My Humble Opinion ...<br><br>There is some great 'stuff' at the show - ToonBoom, Maya and InDesign 2.0 on OSX being the best -<br><br>But - Make sure you get to the (I think) MacSupportCompany - On the Gallery Level.<br>They have a wonderful array of very old Apple Computers on display - I've not seen a 'Lisa' in a Thousand Million Years. And how cool does that machine STILL look!<br><br>Steve Kelly<br><br>------------------------------------------<br>After I'm dead, people will look up to me.<br>I'm going to get buried up a tree.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: iPod sales at MacExpo - London - 11/24/01 12:28 PM

Well i'm not suprised they are selling well, in touching one the first thought is: "I want one", unfortunately in my case the second thought is: "Where the hell am I going to get 350 from?"<br><br>

Re: iPod sales at MacExpo - London - 11/28/01 08:06 AM

I tried to pick up an iPod this weekend in central NJ, but none of the Apple resellers had any in stock. I've heard that demand is very strong (the lack of available units at retail would seem to confirm this), but the Apple Store shows just a 1 day estimated ship time.<br><br>It'll be interesting to see how sales of the iPod fare, especially internationally. Unlike PDAs that require localized versions of software (typically), music is universal...<br><br>