iPhone 3G power adapter recall.

Posted by: Jim_

iPhone 3G power adapter recall. - 09/20/08 10:50 AM

http://www.redherring.com/Home/25018<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: carp

Re: iPhone 3G power adapter recall. - 09/20/08 11:06 AM

Read that a few days ago - gives the product a black eye but I guess you can't really test something like that ? <br><br>
Posted by: Mac007

Tests are possible but probably not done - 09/20/08 03:27 PM

We do all sorts of stress tests where I work so it's possible to test for something like this. All it takes is a robotic arm that's programed to repeatedly plug the power adapter into a dummy plug over and over. If it's going to break that would reveal it.<br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Posted by: carp

Re: Tests are possible but probably not done - 09/20/08 05:53 PM

Well?<br><br>I was watching that "How its Made" TV show about light bulbs , the manufacturer had a giant apparatus to test the bulbs , simply a large spinning wheel with electrical contacts - no sockets or outlets . Just hundreds go on and off per minute on the way to packaging .<br><br>I doubt that each adopter was tested in a wall outlet and pulled out and in and out and in - More then likely they were tested a conveyor belt for connectivity only.<br><br>IMO<br><br>