iDidit

Posted by: Acumowchek

iDidit - 09/13/08 01:21 PM

iGot the iPod Touch!<br>iGuess iWill be having fun this afternoon!<br>Set up was a breeze, and everything is so snappy!<br>i'M going a little iHappy right now...<br>Off to play...<br><br><br>And if my thought-dreams could be seen<br>They'd probably put my head in a guillotine<br>But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 05:53 PM

Just out of curiosity (ignorance), how does the iPod Touch connect to the interwebs?<br><br>

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:06 PM

Ummmmmm... I dunno, I just kept clicking on the shiny, blue, candy-like button...<br><br><br>Actually, it asked me to join a network, showed my wireless, asked me for the password and BOOM, I was connected.<br><br>My ISP covers most of Marin and Sonoma counties in California, so I know I will be connected locally.<br>I've never had the chance to connect to a "free" WiFi connection, but I'll let you know as soon as I do.<br><br>This little iToy is SO FREAKIN' COOL!<br>iLovin' every minute of it.<br><br>And if my thought-dreams could be seen<br>They'd probably put my head in a guillotine<br>But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:15 PM

Ah, so I could connect via my home wireless router, not that I'm in any financial shape to even consider buying a Touch. At least, it doesn't seem to require a separate ISP/service at an additional monthly charge.<br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:27 PM

Right. It's like a laptop: you can get online where you can find WiFi.<br><br>Congrats, Acumowchek. You now have a personal computer in your pocket!<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:32 PM

Truth be told, the only reason iCould afford this iToy is because iCashed in my collection of nickels, dimes and quarters. After five years, iAccumulated $600 and decided to buy myself a birthday present.<br><br>And that's not including 11 years of pennies!<br>iFigured iEarned myself a toy, so iWent for it!<br>It's an iPhone without the phone. I could NEVER afford the monthly charges.<br>Portable Safari and email on my own ISP? LOVE IT!<br>(Save those pennies!) <br><br>And if my thought-dreams could be seen<br>They'd probably put my head in a guillotine<br>But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:38 PM

Thanks!<br>iCan't stop smiling!<br>And to think, iCould have bought something sensible, like conquistador leather shoes...<br>Time to discover some iApps!<br><br>And if my thought-dreams could be seen<br>They'd probably put my head in a guillotine<br>But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 06:46 PM

Actually, it asked me to join a network, showed my wireless, asked me for the password and BOOM, I was connected.<br><br>I'd have to "point" it at my wireless network which is encrypted and invisible.<br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 08:12 PM

ccoolest toy I have. I love mine. I am sitting on front porch across from park listening to frogs. son and gson plying guitars inside. what more could I want?<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 08:24 PM

[color:blue]And to think, iCould have bought something sensible, like conquistador leather shoes...</font color=blue> <-- Dang it you fool thats Bills choice of cheap shoes , you missed a good deal and not to mention Big Top Points , plus as Bill seems to point out that you still can play with your Conquistador weeks after your purchase without crashing the shoe. <br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: iDidit - 09/13/08 11:29 PM

My home network is invisible too. It's easy to connect even so, and once connected it's remembered and will be automatic.<br><br>(I have an iPhone but I use it on WiFi at home--it's faster.)<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net