the iPhone needs ......

Posted by: eckhard

the iPhone needs ...... - 09/11/08 04:35 AM

<br>... FLASH in a hurry!<br><br>My Sony-Ericsson handy had FM radio, and I miss that a lot on my iPhone.<br>The public radio stations I listen to most, offer Flash/WMP or mp3 casting on their website. On my MBP that works super .... it just opens up iTunes. But of course, my iPhone can't do that.<br>All I am left with is prerecorded programming, which they make available as online mp3s, but that's not the same.<br><br>The app-store "radio apps" don't offer anything I am interested in.<br><br>So Apple/Adobe, get your acts together!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: the iPhone needs ...... - 09/11/08 10:57 AM

I'm lucky--I've found lots of online radio for iPhone, including local stations (though I'm seldom in the mood for ads and DJs).<br><br>But I have hopes that Adobe will give Flash delivery tools to App Store developers. They may never make Flash efficient and stable enough (look how bad it is on the desktop already!) for Apple to accept it as part of Mobile Safari. But that doesn't mean individual apps couldn't incorporate Flash content. Like radio apps or--the thing I want: Hulu video.<br><br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: the iPhone needs ...... - 09/11/08 12:46 PM

Also take a look at Flycast, a new free radio app (for some reason found only under Music and not under Free) that looks very promising.<br><br>I won't be installing ANY new apps until 2.1 (tomorrow) but supposedly Flycast lets you skip songs, skip back to the start of a talk show if you came in at the middle, and some other nice things. And with a wide content selection. I might ditch AOL Radio, if this has local stations (which I want only for things like weather warnings).<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: eckhard

Re: the iPhone needs ...... - 09/11/08 12:58 PM

<br>Thanks!<br><br>Works like a charm! I also found another one VisuaRadio, which handles a fair number of German and British stations. <br>So, now I can listen in to US talk radio and then switch over to BBC and German radio ...... super!<br><br>Now, if only the 2.1 software update increases battery life. ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: the iPhone needs ...... - 09/11/08 04:37 PM

So they say!<br><br>Probably depends what you're doing.<br><br>I have to keep reminding myself that I can turn the phone "off" and still keep doing what I was doing (streaming radio, whatever) while using less power.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net