iPhone tips: move >1 icons, skip back w/ earbud

Posted by: Nagromme

iPhone tips: move >1 icons, skip back w/ earbud - 09/04/08 12:45 PM

I'm always finding new hidden iPhone features (hmmm.... reminds me of OS X).<br><br><br>* To skip backwards with the earbud-remote, just pause first, THEN double-click.<br><br><br>* To move the text cursor quickly without holding down the "lens"... just tap a word. (I know, that's so easy everyone knows it. But I didn't! I was holding down because I thought you had to. You don't, unless you want the MIDDLE of a word.)<br><br><br>* To easily move more than one icon at a time, across several pages of your home screen:<br><br>1. Swipe to the last page.<br><br>2. Drag everything from your dock onto that last page.<br><br>3. Use the now-empty dock to load up anything you want to move around. Just swipe to the page you want and drop them off!<br><br>4. When done, swipe to the last page to get your dock stuff back.<br><br>I had two apps on the last page of my phone, and I wanted them on the first. What a pain! Drag to the edge. Wait. Drag again. Finally done--now do it for the other one! This method worked much better.<br><br>It's kind of like stashing stuff temporarily on your Mac desktop.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: eckhard

my oh my .... - 09/04/08 01:41 PM

<br>This is gonna be fun with you. I knew it ;)<br><br> I like the one with the dock - hadn't occurred to me. Then again, I don't move as much stuff around as you seem to. ;)<br><br>I don't use the Apple ear-buds but a pair of Sennheiser PX200 phones - which fold compact - and for noisier environs, a pair of Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 pro in-ears. Both sound so much better than the Apple plugs that I gladly miss the remote function.<br><br>that with the lens is nifty ..... I write so little, I hadn't even noticed the lens. Honestly. wink <br><br><br>keep'em coming!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: my oh my .... - 09/04/08 04:23 PM

I prefer my PX 100s <br><br>But for tiny pocketability and remote (which also answers calls with a click) those earbuds are nice.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: eckhard

Re: my oh my .... - 09/05/08 07:07 AM

<br>yes, the PX100s actually sound better than the 200s.<br><br><br><br><br><br>