iPhone, iCal syncing

Posted by: Jashue

iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/18/08 12:29 PM

This morning I made an appointment with the veterinarian for Al's yearly wellness exam (Al is the big black cat in my avatar). <br><br>I entered the event in iCal-- expecting it would eventually synch with MobileMe and therefore my phone, but it hasn't happened yet. What gives? Isn't it supposed to? Watching the Olympics today, I've seen an add for the iPhone suggesting it does, but so far, no go. Should I be configuring the iPhone or the computer differently?<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/18/08 01:52 PM

System prefs > MobileMe > turn syncing on and set to automatic. Syncing from your Mac to MobileMe is every 15 minutes. Not sure about the iPhone since I don't have one.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/18/08 04:59 PM

Hold it once. I thought I was Al!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: FSM

Re: iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/19/08 10:40 AM

yeah, that's what is happening to me as well.<br><br>i have it all set up and Push turned on and my email arrives instantly . . . but not calendars. they're set to sync in MobileMe and in iTunes, but i have to physically sync my iPhone to get the calendars onto my iPhone. it's weird.<br><br>i just upgraded to 2.0.2 and it's taking hours to sync physically as part of the update. it's stuck trying to sync my contacts (all 40 of them). <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/19/08 07:43 PM

Sync has sucked for some since the big MobileMe changeover. I have one customer that first had the Mail problems, then could not sync at all, then once syncing started he has the problem you are having randomly. He is trying to sync 3 machines and it's the same problem on all so it's nothing with the machines themselves, you probably don't want to waste your time trying to fix it, Apple probably has to fix it.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: iPhone, iCal syncing - 08/19/08 08:36 PM

So far my calendars and contacts sync well. Knock on wood.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>